Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Mismatch input in landunit using CLM4

Rei

Hi,
I followed the instructions to create the CESM LME, only, here, I use the slab ocean version of CESM1.2.
I started a 850 control run, taking the restart files from another 1850 slab ocean run (same resolution in both runs, f19_g16). The run crashes with the following error:
check_dim ERROR: mismatch of input dimension 8010 with expected value;

8012 for variable landunit

I saw a simple solution for CLM5; adding use_init_interp = .true. to use_nml_clm, however, this fails as the model does not recognize this namelist variable.

Could you please guide me on how to fix this? Do I need to interpolate the clm restart files?

Thank you for your help,
Rei

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Yes, you'd have to interpolate the clm restart files. There is an interpolation tool for CLM4 at:

models/lnd/clm/tools/clm4_0/interpinic