Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

./mkmapdata.sh error of "Unable to detect the source grid file type"

kaeritai

Hi dear friends, when Creating mapping files for mksurfdata_map using mkmapdata.sh, I got this error as below. I also checked the other posted thread and
it seems that it is related to the installed ESMF ( I installed ESMF-8.4.0 on VM Ubuntu ). It seems that I should do something to the configuration when building
ESMF to work out the problem of "Machine xue-virtual-machine NOT recognized". Does enyone meet the same thing and how shall I do?

Thanks in advance!

./mkmapdata.sh
Script to create mapping files required by mksurfdata_map
query command is ./../../bld/queryDefaultNamelist.pl -silent -namelist clmexp -justvalue -options sim_year=2000 -csmdata /home/xue/cesm/inputdata

Using user specified scrip grid file: ../mkmapgrids/SCRIPgrid_1x1_Beijing_nomask_c221210.nc
Output grid resolution is 1x1_Beijing
Hostname = xue-virtual-machine
Machine xue-virtual-machine NOT recognized
Creating mapping file: map_0.5x0.5_AVHRR_to_1x1_Beijing_nomask_aave_da_c221211.nc
From input grid: /home/xue/cesm/inputdata/lnd/clm2/mappingdata/grids/SCRIPgrid_0.5x0.5_AVHRR_c110228.nc
For output grid: ../mkmapgrids/SCRIPgrid_1x1_Beijing_nomask_c221210.nc

WARNING: deprecated switch -src_type will be ignored. The file type will be detected automatically

WARNING: deprecated switch -dst_type will be ignored. The file type will be detected automatically

ERROR: Unable to detect the source grid file type.
Error status returned from mkmapdata script