Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

mksrf_fvegtyp error when generating hirespft surface maps

bmraczka

Brett Raczka
I am making a custom high resolution surface map using release-cesm2.2.0. See my directory here: /glade/work/bmraczka/cesm2.2.0/components/clm/tools/mksurfdata_map. I generated the necessary custom files located in the mkmapdata directory. The mksurfdata.pl script will generate surface files for the coarse resolution cases, however, when I use the 'hirespft' option I get an error.

The command I use to execute mksurfdata.pl is as follows:

>> qcmd -q share -l select=1 -- ./mksurfdata.pl -res usrspec -usr_gname SCZOCLM5.0.34 -usr_gdate 230627 -dinlc /glade/p/cesm/cseg/inputdata -years 2000 -hirespft >stdout.2000-hirespft.SCZOCLM5.0.34

I get the following error (shown below), also in the output file ~/mksurfdata_map/stdout.2000-hirespft.SCZOCLM5.0.34

ERROR: could NOT find a mksrf_fvegtyp data file for this resolution: 3x3min and type: veg and MODISv2.
./../../bld/queryDefaultNamelist.pl -csmdata /glade/p/cesm/cseg/inputdata -silent -justvalue -namelist clmexp -options hgrid=3x3min,lmask=MODISv2,mergeGIS=off,crop='on',sim_year=2000 -var mksrf_fvegtyp--

It's not clear to me if I am missing a critical file in /glade/p/cesm/cseg/inputdata or making some other error in the execution of the script. Thank you for your help.

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Can you try "-years 2005" in your command instead of "-years 2000". I think the hirespft is only triggered off of 2005.