Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

mksurfadata_map error code 35072

XZcesm

XUEYANZ
Hi All,

I am generating a surface dataset conering CONUS at a resolution of 1/2 degree using ELM (or CLM4.5; that's the same thing). I am on the last step but got an error message as follows:
1685368694686.png

I tried to debug the code and found the code stopped when doing domain_init (mkdomainMod.F90) exactly at the line
: domain%area = nan

I tried various initilization value but still the same error continues.

Does anyone happen to have the same error before?

Thanks!

Xueyan

slevis

I don't have any easy suggestions, other than more troubleshooting. Sometimes it helps to compare what you're trying to do to a case that works, one where you have not changed anything. It may or may not give you more insight in this case.

Also, be aware that we support CLM5, but not older versions.

slevis

Also, if you are making a regional surface dataset, this post may be of interest to you: