Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Model Run with and without Islands

shivsaidixit

Shivsai Ajit Dixit
I am a new user of the model, and want to run two simulations with and without certain islands, and compare the results. What would be best strategy to do this? Can someone guide on this aspect?

I assume that you'd like a fairly simple rectangular domain? With idealized forcing, perhaps? I suggest that you look through the example domains at NOAA-GFDL/MOM6-examples to see if there's something similar to what you want. Adding islands is a matter of changing the land mask input file if you are reading an external grid. Otherwise, you'd have to edit the land mask in the user source file for your application. Really, we need more information about exactly what you want to do.