Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

MPT Error__Error 1001__Simulation Failures

nkravette

Noah Kravette
Hello!
I am a New Student who is trying to make two simulations 1) a pre-industrial 1850s simulation, and 2) 4 times CO2 (4xCO2) forcing, but both of them keep coming across a MPT Error Code 1001 (as shown in picture below). My simulations are in paths:
1) ' cd /glade/u/home/nkravette/plio_forcing/f.e12.B1850.f09_f09.plio.piSST.001 '
2) ' cd /glade/u/home/nkravette/plio_forcing/f.e12.B1850.f09_f09.plio.piSST.001.co2 '

I have been trying to figure out the problem but even when I do something that improves it slightly it still fails. I recently replaces my ' env_mach_pes.xml ', which helped it run better with node side and the configuration of the simulation. The script I used to make the 4xCO2 is here ' vi /glade/u/home/nkravette/plio_forcing/make_f_co2.pi.csh '.

Thank you for your support and consideration. My goal is to run these simulations successfully so I can analyze them. From what I know the set up to these simulations is fairly basic, but even so since I'm new I am still learning the ropes. Any recommendations or help is appreciated.

Attachments

• MPT Error code 1001.png
    MPT Error code 1001.png
    173.2 KB · Views: 1

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Have you considered trying the new system derecho? I have had reports of system issues on cheyenne this morning,
I have not yet looked into it but your issue may be related.

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Oh now that I look at your script I see that the START_DATE is not aligned with the data model dates.