Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Need to provide valid mapping file between atm and ice in xml variable atm2ice_fmapname

xiaoxiaokuishu

Ru Xu
Hi, all,

I run a F case with res f05_g17, the driver is mct, but the error is appears,

ERROR: Need to provide valid mapping file between atm and ice in xml variable atm2ice_fmapname

when i set like this:

if [ $DOMAIN == glob ]; then
cat >> user_nl_cpl << EOF
ATM2ICE_FMAPNAME="/CCLM2_inputdata/cesm_inputdata/cpl/gridmaps/fv0.47x0.63/map_0.47x0.63_TO_gx1v7_aave.180517.nc"
EOF
fi

or this
if [ $DOMAIN == glob ]; then
cat >> user_nl_cpl << EOF
./xmlchange ATM2ICE_FMAPNAME="/CCLM2_inputdata/cesm_inputdata/cpl/gridmaps/fv0.47x0.63/map_0.47x0.63_TO_gx1v7_aave.180517.nc"
EOF
fi

or directly
./xmlchange ATM2ICE_FMAPNAME="/CCLM2_inputdata/cesm_inputdata/cpl/gridmaps/fv0.47x0.63/map_0.47x0.63_TO_gx1v7_aave.180517.nc"

It is not work. Is there anyone know how to fix it!

peverley

Courtney Peverley
Hi

Can you please elaborate on how it's not working? Are you getting the same error as before you set the mapping file? or is the xmlchange command not working?

Thanks!
Courtney

xiaoxiaokuishu

Ru Xu
Hi

Can you please elaborate on how it's not working? Are you getting the same error as before you set the mapping file? or is the xmlchange command not working?

Thanks!
Courtney
Hi, peverley,

I have re-run the case to clarify the what I did for this simulation.

I have create a F2000 case with res f05_g17 (2000_CAM50_CLM50%SP_CICE%PRES_DOCN%DOM_MOSART_SGLC_SWAV, here why I use the CAM50 not CAM60 is because there is no available ncdata with L32 that match with CAM60, so I use CAM50 as I can download the ncdata with L30) , the driver for running the model is mct, the version of CESM is release-cesm2.2.1. The model runs well under f09_g17, but for the f05_g17, it seems I need to specify the location of additional dataset, for example:

cat >> user_nl_cam << EOF

tropopause_climo_file="/CCLM2_inputdata/cesm_inputdata/atm/cam/chem/trop_mozart/ub/clim_p_trop_PETM_c170724.nc"

ncdata=" /CCLM2_inputdata/cesm_inputdata/atm/cam/inic/fv/cami-mam3_0000-01-01_0.47x0.63_L30_c100929.nc"

EOF

fi

I also manually specify the location of ATM2xx, ICE2XX ...files in namelist_definition_drv.xml under cime/src/drivers/mct/cime_config, which I did not need to do in f09_g17. Manually change the value of atm2ice_smapname and other file locations is because I did not know how to change it with ./xmlchange….. But the setting of xxSMAPNAME or xxFMAPNAME is the keypoint to solve the “fname can not find” issues.

But The new error comes:

MCT::m_Router::initp_: GSMap indices not increasing...Will correct

MCT::m_Router::initp_: RGSMap indices not increasing...Will correct

MCT::m_Router::initp_: RGSMap indices not increasing...Will correct

MCT::m_Router::initp_: GSMap indices not increasing...Will correct

MCT::m_AttrVectComms::GSM_scatter_: myID = 0. Invalid input, GSMap%gsize = 221184, lsize(iV) = 55296

shr_mct_sMatReaddnc: Error on scatter of areadst0

000.MCT(MPEU)::die.: from shr_mct_sMatReaddnc()

Rank 0 [Tue Feb 6 16:58:59 2024] [c3-3c2s10n3] application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 2) - process 0

pat[WARNING][0]: abort process 27310 because of signal 6

I have attached the support file for your reference together with the namelist_definition_drv.xml under cime/src/drivers/mct/cime_config.

Any comment is welcome!

Attachments

• error_file.zip
    129.1 KB · Views: 1