Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Netcdf setup issue - CESM2.2.0

xliu

Jon
Hi everyone, newbie here. Can anyone help check meaning of the error? I try to run it local with Ubuntu machine, not sure the Netcdf is installed correctly.
It shows 4.6.0 version even I installed with 4.7.4.
Thanks~!

make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/jliu/My_Projects/CESM_ucar_/CESM2.2.0/projects/scratch/test1/bld/gnu/mpich/nodebug/nothreads/mct/pio/pio1'
[100%] Built target pio
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/jliu/My_Projects/CESM_ucar_/CESM2.2.0/projects/scratch/test1/bld/gnu/mpich/nodebug/nothreads/mct/pio/pio1'
/usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_progress_start /home/jliu/My_Projects/CESM_ucar_/CESM2.2.0/projects/scratch/test1/bld/gnu/mpich/nodebug/nothreads/mct/pio/pio1/CMakeFiles 0
f951: Warning: Nonexistent include directory ‘/home/jliu/My_Projects/CESM_ucar_/CESM2.2.0/projects/scratch/test1/bld/gnu/mpich/nodebug/nothreads/mct/mct/noesmf/c1a1l1i1o1r1g1w1i1e1/include’ [-Wmissing-include-dirs]
f951: Warning: Nonexistent include directory ‘/home/jliu/My_Projects/CESM_ucar_/CESM2.2.0/projects/scratch/test1/bld/gnu/mpich/nodebug/nothreads/mct/finclude’ [-Wmissing-include-dirs]
f951: Warning: Nonexistent include directory ‘/home/jliu/My_Projects/CESM_ucar_/CESM2.2.0/projects/scratch/test1/bld/gnu/mpich/nodebug/nothreads/mct/mct/noesmf/c1a1l1i1o1r1g1w1i1e1/include’ [-Wmissing-include-dirs]
f951: Warning: Nonexistent include directory ‘/home/jliu/My_Projects/CESM_ucar_/CESM2.2.0/projects/scratch/test1/bld/gnu/mpich/nodebug/nothreads/mct/finclude’ [-Wmissing-include-dirs]
Installing pio version 1
ERROR: CIME models require NETCDF in PIO build

xliu

Jon
need help on this error, thanks.

/home/jliu/My_Projects/CESM_ucar_/CESM2.2.0/projects/scratch/test2/bld/cesm.exe: error while loading shared libraries: libnetcdf.so.18: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
mpirun detected that one or more processes exited with non-zero status, thus causing
the job to be terminated. The first process to do so was:

Process name: [[50377,1],0]
Exit code: 127
--------------------------------------------------------------------------