Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

[new] Error: Program received signal SIGSEGV: Segmentation fault - invalid memory reference.

dayon

Dear Scientists of NCAR
Sorry to bother you. I want to read some data into the CESM2.1.3. For relizing it, I edit a new F90 named "readinMod.F90" according to the structure of other .F90 files. At the same time, I add some menbers to the type of "waterflux_type" in the WaterfluxType.F90.In addition, I call the readin mode in the lnd_comp_mct.F90.
But when run the cesm, the ./case.build can success, but the ./case.submit always failed. Could you give me some suggestions?

The main errors in the cesm.log are "Error: Program received signal SIGSEGV: Segmentation fault - invalid memory reference."

The attachments are the error logo files, readin.F90, lnd_comp_mct.F90, the WaterfluxType.F90 modified by me.
Thanks in advance, and I am looking forward your reply.

Attachments

• F90.zip
    16 KB · Views: 3
  • logs.zip
    9.8 KB · Views: 3

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Have you tried compiling and running in DEBUG mode? That might provide a traceback pointing you to the line of code causing the problem. I see you only attached the atm and cesm logs. Is there any helpful information in the lnd log?

dayon

Hi oleson, the problem has been solved. Thanks for your reply all the same. There may be some definition errorS in the type of FORTRAN.

Yi Yao

Yi Yao
Hi oleson, the problem has been solved. Thanks for your reply all the same. There may be some definition errorS in the type of FORTRAN.
Hi dayon, I have a similar problem. Could you please tell me more specifically how did you solve this problem?