Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

"No Convergence" Error in POP

Hi there. I've been doing some troubleshooting with Nan Rosenbloom, and she suggested that I put this error on this forum.What I am attempting to do is a paleo run for the Younger Dryas based on the TraCE-21 experiments. What we have done so far is start with an OTB simulation, added in DGVM and then began to add in Younger Dryas mapping and restart files one by one. I've officially added in all of the mapping and restart files, but I get the following error in POP:POP exiting...    no convergence at time step    1 Can anyone help me figure out what the problem is? The path to the case directory is:/glade/p/work/hughlett/test The path to the run directory is:/glade/scratch/hughlett/test Thank you in advance for your time and help.

The previous post can be ignored. I managed to solve the problem myself. However, I have now discovered a new problem while trying to implement the BGC_2 model into my CCSM3 simulation.The model simply hangs, and eventually times out when I run out of wallclock time.The case in which this is happening is as follows:Case: /glade/p/work/hughlett/branch

Run: /glade/scratch/hughlett/branchThank you!

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
You've been doing this one step at a time right?   If you back out the last change that you made does it run further?

Yeah, I've been doing this one step at a time. When I back up one step, it runs successfully. It's with the implementation of BGC_2 and the necessary files that go with it in src.pop that it starts to hang.

Hi Taylor,Could yout tell me what the problem was when you were getting this POP exiting message? Cause I have the same problem...Thanks in advance,Amanda

Hi Amanda,I'm not sure if this will help you or not, but what I did was change the way I was running my case. I originally had the case type set to hybrid, as that was what I had been running it as on Bluefire. When I switched it over to a branch simulation, the error went away and I was able to run through the simulation successfully.I hope this helps.