Output Options

I would like to output global instantaneous windspeeds at every timestep (1200sec) in CAM. I have added the proper FINCL(2) namelist variable as:
fincl2 = 'WINDSPD:I'

Along with the following line (output every timestep):
nhtfrq(2) = 1

The above method produces three netcdf files per day of simulation. I would like to write a netcdf file every day with a timeseries of 72 (86400/1200) instantaneous windspeeds. Is this possible?
 
Thank you for your help.

I am now outputing global instantaneous windspeeds at every timestep (1200sec) in CAM. Is it possible to have CAM output instantaneous windspeeds at specific times of day (local time for that gridcell)? In other words, if it is 6am or 6pm gridcell local time, output the windspeed. Just thought I'd check before I dive into working with the long history tapes I have created.

Thank you.
 

rneale

Rich Neale
CAM Project Scientist
Staff member
You can do output from different regions to a point. If you look at he cam documentation,

http://www.ccsm.ucar.edu/models/atm-cam/docs/usersguide/usersguide.pdf

the namelist variables FINCL1LONLAT, FINCL2LONLAT, etc (up to 200) allow you to subset regions at which each of the corresponding FINCL1, FINCL2 output diagnostics will have output data for. However, there are only 6 output file streams allowed and so only 6 different output times can be specified.
 
Back
Top