Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

parameter perturbation

Hello, I am in the initial stages of a parameter perturbation experiment w/ CLM-CN, and could use some basic advice / coding examples. For example, let's say for now I just want to perturb 2 parameters, 1 of which is 'dleaf' on the pft table and the other is assigned in an F90 routine (e.g., 'rsmax0' in 'CanopyFluxesMod.F90').

Can anyone give me some coding tips / examples of how to: (1) open the pft table and change a value; and (2) pass a new parameter into 'CanopyFluxesMod.F90' for 'rsmax0' instead of defining it within this script? Regarding the later, I am wondering if the most efficient thing to do is just to add a new parameter to the pft table for 'rsmax0'.

Thanks so much in advance for any help you can provide.