Hi,
I know CESM POP2 outputs UET, VNT, WTT, and other variables for calculating the heat budget. The analysis procedure is mentioned: Calculate POP2 heat budget using xgcm
However, I have some questions about term's (UET and so on) description. The output of UET attributes says: "Flux of Heat in grid-x direction, degC/s". From what I have understood:
UET is a temperature flux normalized by the cell volume. If this is true, then the "zonal advection" derived from UET following the website would not be the zonal advection udT/dx that we typically think of, but rather it is d(uT)/dx. Please let me know if this is the case.
Thanks,
Nahid
I know CESM POP2 outputs UET, VNT, WTT, and other variables for calculating the heat budget. The analysis procedure is mentioned: Calculate POP2 heat budget using xgcm
However, I have some questions about term's (UET and so on) description. The output of UET attributes says: "Flux of Heat in grid-x direction, degC/s". From what I have understood:
UET is a temperature flux normalized by the cell volume. If this is true, then the "zonal advection" derived from UET following the website would not be the zonal advection udT/dx that we typically think of, but rather it is d(uT)/dx. Please let me know if this is the case.
Thanks,
Nahid