Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

pop2 port validation comparison data

Greetings,

I am working on validating the pop2 ocean model on a new system as described in this tutorial (http://www.cesm.ucar.edu/models/cesm1.0/pop2/validation/). I have successfully run the tests, but now need to obtain data from a trusted machine for comparison. At the bottom of the page it notes:

Port validation datasets generated on bluefire and jaguar are available on the NCAR mss in the following two tar files. The datasets were generated using the cesm1_0_rel02 tag in October 2010.

/NJN01/cesm/cesm1.0/validation/cesm1_0_rel02/bluefire.tar.gz
/NJN01/cesm/cesm1.0/validation/cesm1_0_rel02/jaguar.tar.gz

How can I access these files? Or, would it be possible for someone to make these tarballs public so that I can grab them?

Thanks!

mlevy

Michael Levy
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
robinweiss said:
Greetings,

I am working on validating the pop2 ocean model on a new system as described in this tutorial (http://www.cesm.ucar.edu/models/cesm1.0/pop2/validation/). I have successfully run the tests, but now need to obtain data from a trusted machine for comparison. At the bottom of the page it notes:

Port validation datasets generated on bluefire and jaguar are available on the NCAR mss in the following two tar files. The datasets were generated using the cesm1_0_rel02 tag in October 2010.

/NJN01/cesm/cesm1.0/validation/cesm1_0_rel02/bluefire.tar.gz
/NJN01/cesm/cesm1.0/validation/cesm1_0_rel02/jaguar.tar.gz

How can I access these files? Or, would it be possible for someone to make these tarballs public so that I can grab them?

Thanks!

Hi Robin,

I'm currently working on making these available via links on the webpage (hopefully by the end of the week); I'll update this thread with links as well.

~Mike