Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Post-processes the data like .nc files (Links, Material in pdf)

rajkmsaini

Dr. Raj Saini
Hello CESM users/Team,

I'm a beginner in CESM-CAM5.3, I learned and understood about the code and did some tutorial completed. Now I want to learn the post-processing past for the results as per my requirements.

--- please suggest the post-processing links (like Links, Material in pdf).
--- share some post-processes tutorial which tells about in detail.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Dr. Raj
IIT Bombay/ IIT Delhi (INDIA)

strandwg

Staff member
Hello CESM users/Team,

I'm a beginner in CESM-CAM5.3, I learned and understood about the code and did some tutorial completed. Now I want to learn the post-processing past for the results as per my requirements.

--- please suggest the post-processing links (like Links, Material in pdf).
--- share some post-processes tutorial which tells about in detail.

If you can provide your requirements, I may be able to help.

rajkmsaini

Dr. Raj Saini
If you can provide your requirements, I may be able to help.

Dear Sir,

I want to analyze two variables like PRECT and Tas with daily time for a month. I have data files like

*h0.****.nc,

*h1.****.nc and

*h2.****.nc

If you have any script or material (PPT) then please share.

Thank you in advance.

Best,
Raj

brianpm

What programming language are you familiar with? The typical approach is to use a high-level interpreted language to write scripts that read and perform computations on the output files.

Using python, for example, you can use the xarray package to read and visualize netCDF files in a Jupyter notebook.

If you don't need to do anything than investigate the output in a terminal, you can use the netCDF tools, ncdump in particular. If you want to do simple quick-look type of visualizations, you might be able to use ncview or panoply.