Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Problem in running OM4 test case

shendepp

Parag
Hello everyone,

I am having trouble running OM4_05 test case. I am getting the following error:

"
FATAL from PE 3: diag_axis_mod::diag_subaxes_init: max_subaxes (value 10) is too small. Consider increasing max_subaxes.
"

I have tried to add the diag_subaxes_init as a parameter in diag_manager_nml, but that does not change anything.

adcroft

Alistair Adcroft
I've never seen this before. Looking at the code, the parameter is a FORTRAN parameter, in FMS/diag_manager/diag_data.F90, not a namelist (runtime) parameter. It seems strange that you should have to change this hard-coded parameter. Is your code modified?

adcroft

Alistair Adcroft
The error message is from the diagnostics modules. Try commenting out everything in your diag_table tosee if the error is a function of how many diagnostics are enabled. Also, there should be a traceback: it would help to know what part of MOM6 this is occurring at.