Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Problem running CESM: failed to converge

CaliFornia

CF
I am having a similar problem and I'd be very grateful if someone could help.

I am running compset FWmaHIST, res ne30_ne30_mg17 on the checked out cesm tag cam6_2_011 for running WACCM-RR.

I have attached the cesm.log and resolved atm_in file.
Hi Marcin, Did you solve this problem? Would you mind sharing any thoughts on this problem?

CaliFornia

CF
This looks like a possible system issue rather than a model issue - a model issue would normally present a traceback and abort message at the end of the log. Check the lnd.log to see if there is further info there and also check the slurm logs in your case directory for errors there.
Hi Jedwards,

If the following information is at the start of slurm logs ($case>logs>run_environment.txt), does it mean this is the reason for the problem? Do you have any suggestions on how to fix it? Thank you.

bin/sh: module: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end of file
/bin/sh: error importing function definition for `module'
/bin/sh: module: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end of file
/bin/sh: error importing function definition for `module'
sh: module: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end of file
sh: error importing function definition for `module'
sh: module: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end of file
sh: error importing function definition for `module'