Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

problems about CESM1_2_2

sunyang

sunyang
Hi, everyone.I am running CESM1_2_2 and got some results. But when I checked these result files, I found that the relevant aerosol variables are only surface data, as shown in the figure with the suffix variable-SRF. The variables I want to get should be in the form of "float variable_name(time,lev,lat,lon)". How should this be solved?
Best Regards
Yang Sunfig1.png

cacraig

Cheryl Craig
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
First, let me say that CESM1_2_2 is old, and you might want to consider updating to CESM2.

CAM output variables are controlled by the namelist "fincl". To see the namelist settings for CESM1_2_2, you may refer to:

If you use CESM2, the descriptions of namelist settings are at:

In both versions, fincl is handled in the same way.

The variable names you want to output will be without the "_SRF" qualifier. For instance, to output so4_a3, you will add that name to your fincl list.

sunyang

sunyang
First, let me say that CESM1_2_2 is old, and you might want to consider updating to CESM2.

CAM output variables are controlled by the namelist "fincl". To see the namelist settings for CESM1_2_2, you may refer to:

If you use CESM2, the descriptions of namelist settings are at:

In both versions, fincl is handled in the same way.

The variable names you want to output will be without the "_SRF" qualifier. For instance, to output so4_a3, you will add that name to your fincl list.
Thank you very much for your help and suggestions, the problem has been solved very well.
Thank you angain.