Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Questions about the CMIP6-AMIP 001-010

kong1998

Jay Kong
I have some questions regarding the f.e21.FHIST_BGC.f09_f09_mg17.CMIP6-AMIP.0XX experiment series (001 to 010).

What are the differences between the outputs and setups? They use the same F compset, but what other conditions were applied differently?

As for the SST Inputs, are they all using the Hadley Centre Global Sea Ice and Sea Surface Temperature (HadISST)?

I appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks!

islas

I'm not sure I understand the question. Do you mean what is different between the 10 members? They differ in the initial state which leads to a different realization of internal variability but aside from that they are run in the same way. These use the standard SSTs for AMIP experiments as part of CMIP6, which I believe is a merged product of HadISST2 and NOAA OI-V2 following Hurrell et al (2008) A New Sea Surface Temperature and Sea Ice Boundary Dataset for the Community Atmosphere Model. There is another 10 member ensemble of AMIP-type simulations performed by the Climate Variability and Change Working group and these differ in the SSTs used - they use ERSSTv5 CAM6 Prescribed SST AMIP Ensembles | Community Earth System Model.

kong1998

Jay Kong
I'm not sure I understand the question. Do you mean what is different between the 10 members? They differ in the initial state which leads to a different realization of internal variability but aside from that they are run in the same way. These use the standard SSTs for AMIP experiments as part of CMIP6, which I believe is a merged product of HadISST2 and NOAA OI-V2 following Hurrell et al (2008) A New Sea Surface Temperature and Sea Ice Boundary Dataset for the Community Atmosphere Model. There is another 10 member ensemble of AMIP-type simulations performed by the Climate Variability and Change Working group and these differ in the SSTs used - they use ERSSTv5 CAM6 Prescribed SST AMIP Ensembles | Community Earth System Model.
Hi Isla, thanks very much for your reply. These are helpful!

kong1998

Jay Kong
May I know where can I get those standard SSTs data for CMIP6 AMIP? I'd like to use them as the same SST Input for my sensitivity study.