Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Running CESM on NCAR's Yellowstone

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Two system wide environment variables are set on yellowstone for your convenience. CESMROOT and CESMDATAROOT point to
the root cesm directory (currently /glade/p/cesm) and the root cseg directory (currently /glade/p/cesm/cseg) If you are writing scripts
or other code to support running on yellowstone use these environment variables instead of the hard paths to the directories which are
subject to change. Since there are so many precompile options in CESM we do not provide precompiled binaries, you can find source code
for CESM in the directory $CESMROOT/releases. Please refer to the user manual at CESM1.1 Release for
more general instructions.

1. Running the release code: The CESM1_1_1 release code is available in $CESMROOT/releases/cesm1_1_1 . Please see the web page at CESM1.1 Known Problems for a list of known problems in this release.
  2. Running the previous cesm1_0 release: A port of cesm1_0 is provided in $CESMROOT/releases/cesm1_0_5. Users interested in cam5 physics or the cam-se dycore should use the cesm1_1 release or the cesm1_2 development code, not cesm1_0. Please see the CESM 1.0 release page for a list of known problems in this release.
  3. Running cesm1_2 development code: The latest development code is available in $CESMDATAROOT/collections this code should not be used for science except with the expressed consent of CSEG.
  4. Running ccsm3: A port of the ccsm3 code is provided in $CESMROOT/releases/ccsm3_0_1_beta33 This port has been tested in a few configurations but no climate validation has been performed.

whannah

I don't see the cesm1_0_5 code in $CESMDATAROOT/collections. All I see is:

ccsm3_0_1_beta33
cesm1_1​

Is the cesm1_0_5 version going to be put there in the future?

-Walter

whannah

ccsm3_0_1_beta33
cesm1_1​

-Walter

whannah

ccsm3_0_1_beta33
cesm1_1​

-Walter

whannah

ccsm3_0_1_beta33
cesm1_1​

-Walter

whannah

ccsm3_0_1_beta33
cesm1_1​

-Walter

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
> Is the cesm1_0_5 version going to be put there in the future?
We're working on it. Should be there by Monday.

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
lsu said:
Can cseg make cesm1_0_3 supportive on yellowstone? I used to run cesm1_0_3 with tons of modifications on bluefire. Thanks! -lsu

CESM1_0_5 is functionally equivalent to cesm1_0_3.

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
lsu said:
Can cseg make cesm1_0_3 supportive on yellowstone? I used to run cesm1_0_3 with tons of modifications on bluefire. Thanks! -lsu

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
lsu said:

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
lsu said: