Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Running cesm1_1_2_LENS_n21 on machine other than Cheyenne

kezhoulumelody

Kezhou Lu
To whom it may concern,

I am trying to set up cesm1_1_2_LENS_n21 on our university super computer. I am able to set up a case, build a case without any errors. However, it can't run. I keep getting the following error messages:

main (pm/pmiserv/pmip.c:202): demux engine error waiting for event
HYD_pmcd_pmip_control_cmd_cb (pm/pmiserv/pmip_cb.c:911): assert (!closed) failed
HYDT_dmxu_poll_wait_for_event (tools/demux/demux_poll.c:76): callback returned
main (pm/pmiserv/pmip.c:202): demux engine error waiting for event

I have no problem running other cesm1 tags. I don't know if it's a problem with our super computer system or this special tag is only designed to run on Cheyenne.

Thanks,

Melody

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Hi Melody,

Where is this error message written? If in the cesm.log is there more error above that? This is a system erorr message, have you checked with your system staff to see if they can help?

kezhoulumelody

Kezhou Lu
This message is from cesm.log. We don't have problem running normal other CESM1 tag.

In the meantime, I saw "
ERROR:: Run interpinic on your initial condition file to interpolate to the new
surface dataset" message in cam.log. I think it could be I am using the wrong input data. Because I couldn't find input data "b.e11.B1850C5CN.f09_g16.005/0402-01-01" via the inputdata thread https://svn-ccsm-inputdata.cgd.ucar.edu/trunk/inputdata, I used another inputdata but also came from B1850C5CN with same resolution.

Thanks

Melody