Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

running clm5 case, but ERROR--attribute not found: "aream" ERROR--attribute not found: "area"

qiwen zhou

I am running CLM5 with case :2000_CAM5_CLM50%SP_CICE_POP2_RTM_SGLC_SWAV and grid:a%0.9x1.25_l%0.9x1.25_i%gx1v6_o%gx1v6_r%r05_m%gx1v6_g%null_w%null.
The error is like :
MCT::m_AttrVect::indexRA_:: ERROR--attribute not found: "area" Traceback:
1874 snow1snow1 area ->MCT::m_AttrVect::indexRA_
1875 MCT::m_AttrVect::indexRA_:: ERROR--attribute not found: "aream" Traceback:
1876 snow1snow1 aream->MCT::m_AttrVect::indexRA_
1877 MCT::m_Router::initp_: GSMap indices not increasing...Will correct
1878 MCT::m_Router::initp_: RGSMap indices not increasing...Will correct
1879 MCT::m_Router::initp_: RGSMap indices not increasing...Will correct
1880 MCT::m_Router::initp_: GSMap indices not increasing...Will correct
1881 m_GlobalSegMap::initp_: non-positive value of gsize error, stat =0
1882 000.MCT(MPEU)::die.: from m_GlobalSegMap::initp_()
1883 application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 2) - process 0
1884 In: PMI_Abort(2, application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 2) - process 0)

How could I fix it? If you get any ideas, please tell me! Thank you!

Attachments

• logs.zip
    106.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 1611237404218.png
    1611237404218.png
    58.2 KB · Views: 7
  • logs.zip
    106.7 KB · Views: 0

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
I can't replicate this error with either of these compsets/grids using release-cesm2.1.3 out of the box:

2000_CAM50_CLM50%SP_CICE_POP2_RTM_SGLC_SWAV --res f09_g16

2000_CAM50_CLM50%BGC-CROP_CICE_POP2_RTM_SGLC_SWAV --res f09_g16

Have you made any changes?

qiwen zhou

Thank you!
1. I did rewrite the buildnml script using csh, but the logic is basically the same.
2. For other purpose, function names starting with seq_ were changed to dcpl_.
By the way ,the program was compiled by intel 18.
Any tips to check for error would be appreciated!
I can't replicate this error with either of these compsets/grids using release-cesm2.1.3 out of the box:

2000_CAM50_CLM50%SP_CICE_POP2_RTM_SGLC_SWAV --res f09_g16

2000_CAM50_CLM50%BGC-CROP_CICE_POP2_RTM_SGLC_SWAV --res f09_g16

Have you made any changes?

sacks

Bill Sacks
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
I would suggest first seeing if you can run this configuration without making any of the changes that you mention. If you have a problem with the unmodified code, let us know. If you can get this working with the unmodified code, then I'd suggest incorporating your changes in pieces until you find the change that causes the problem.

qiwen zhou

I would suggest first seeing if you can run this configuration without making any of the changes that you mention. If you have a problem with the unmodified code, let us know. If you can get this working with the unmodified code, then I'd suggest incorporating your changes in pieces until you find the change that causes the problem.
Thanks for you suggestions. There is one more question. Does the error in this case means the program is searching for a attribute which should not exist in a compset like this or attribute like "area" is somehow missing during the runtime?
Thanks again for the great work of you and your group!

sacks

Bill Sacks
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
area and aream should always exist: they are two representations of the area of each model grid cell (one gives the area according to the component, the other gives the area according to the mapping file).

qiwen zhou

Thanks for help.I'll try and see what I can do.
area and aream should always exist: they are two representations of the area of each model grid cell (one gives the area according to the component, the other gives the area according to the mapping file).