Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Running F compset of CESM1_2_2 on cheyenne: MPT ERROR: bad process count

wxalpha

Hi all,

Thanks for your help in advance.

I am submitting a F_1850_CAM5 experiment which I have run successfully on Cheyenne in ~11/2019. But now the experiment failed with a very short and weird error in cesm.log: MPT ERROR: bad process count (HPE MPT 2.19 02/23/19 05:31:12). I guess this is possibly related to the recent MPT update? I searched the CESM forum but I cannot find related threads. I attached my env_mach_specific here and the script I used to create, setup, and run the experiment here (aero2000.csh).

I have updated my ~/cesm1_2_2_1/models/utils/pio to pio/1_8_14.

Attachments

• aero2000.csh.txt
    9.8 KB · Views: 0
  • cesm.log.200529-005803.txt
    65 bytes · Views: 0
  • env_mach_specific.txt
    898 bytes · Views: 1

wxalpha

It looks like you are using CESM1.2. I'm sorry, this version of CESM is no longer supported. We encourage you to use the latest version of CESM, 2.1.3 (Community Earth System Model - CESM2).
Hi Bill,

Thank you so much for your reply!! Actually, I am trying to conduct the F compest experiment using both CESM1_2 and CESM2_1_3. But I encountered another issue in CESM2_1_3. The link to the thread is here. Could you give my some advice on how to solve the problem? It is also related to MPT.

Thanks a lot again!