Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

scm_crm_mode causes "Floating point exception"

whannah

So I'm trying to do a few things with the SCAM but I've had some trouble actually getting it to run after its compiled. I've gotten it to run now, but I had to set scm_crm_mode to true, or else it would try to divide by zero in one of the functions that deals with the longwave heating.

In case anyone is interested, I have plenty of notes on where the error originates and also where the variable lwupcgs gets defined, which causes the division by zero since this essentially causes the temperature at the surface to be zero.

My question is, what is scm_crm_mode for? The documentation just says "Column radiation mode" but I can't find details anywhere on what this is for or why I have to have it set to true to run the SCAM.

Thanks