Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Set a specific SST climatology field when calculating the heat flux released from the ocean

kwzhang

kwzhang
Hi,
I am trying to replace the SST data with a SST climatology file in the fully coupled CESM1 only when the model is calculating the heat flux (i.e., latent and sensible heat flux), and maintain the coupling state between the ocean and the atmosphere at the same time. In short, ocean component should be active all the time, but when the model is calculating the heat flux released from the ocean, the SST field used in the calculation of heat flux should be a given climatology data file. But I have no idea how to modify the model settings. I am looking forward to any suggestions.
Thanks in advance.
Best,
Kaiwen

katec

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Hi there, I'm not sure about the answer to this, and nobody else seems to be jumping in on the conversation. I'm going to move your question over to the ocean forum and perhaps somebody there will have some ideas for you.

Vote Upvote 0 Downvote