Welcome to the new DiscussCESM forum!
We are still working on the website migration, so you may experience downtime during this process.

Existing users, please reset your password before logging in here: https://xenforo.cgd.ucar.edu/cesm/index.php?lost-password/

slab ocean mode (SOM) combined with regionally prescribed SST ?

Hi all,

I wish to run CESM 1_2_1 the slab ocean mode (SOM) combined with regionally prescribed SST (sstdata mode in certain areas).
So it’s a combination of component set E and F. I saw David mention modify the docn_comp_mod.F90 and spent some time reading the code but couldn’t figure out how.
Say if I provided a mask by editing SST_cpl = -999.0 outside the desired prescribed SST region in the SST forcing file, then how could I modify docn_comp_mod.F90 to let CESM run SOM where SST_cpl = -999.0 while run sstdata mode where SST_cpl > -998.0 ?

I believe many people have done such experiment, any tips for a beginner?

Thank you,
Zaiyu

Shuheng Lin

Hello,Zaiyu, I want to run CESM 1_2_2 the slab ocean mode (SOM) combined with regionally prescribed SST as well ,and I am confused about how to modify the docn_comp_mod.F90 , have you already known how to do such experiments? If you konw, it' very kindly to tell me how to do , thank u very much