Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

slurm error (in ./create_newcase step)

wvsi3w

wvs3iw
Hello,

I have used new configuration (XML) files for the process of porting CESM2.1.3 (CLM5) on Beluga (compute canada cluster). I have attached the config files here. I am getting this error after I do “./create_newcase” which says ERROR: No batch system 'slurm' found.

The slurm is defined in my batch system (in the config files), I don’t understand the issue here.

Do you know how should I fix this?

Attachments

• config_compiler MH.txt
    500 bytes · Views: 0
  • config_machine MH.txt
    8.3 KB · Views: 4
  • config_batch MH.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 4

wvsi3w

wvs3iw
I tried it with --debug:

./create_newcase --case /$PATH TO CASE --compset IHistClm50Bgc --res f19_g17 --machine beluga --compiler intel --mpilib intelmpi --walltime 02:00:00 --run-unsupported --debug

This is what the debug says:

Compset is: HIST_DATM%GSWP3v1_CLM50%BGC_SICE_SOCN_MOSART_CISM2%NOEVOLVE_SWAV
Grid is: a%1.9x2.5_l%1.9x2.5_oi%null_r%r05_g%gland4_w%null_m%gx1v7
Components in compset are: ['datm', 'clm', 'sice', 'socn', 'mosart', 'cism', 'swav', 'sesp', 'drv', 'dart']
Using project from config_machines.xml: def-hbeltram
No charge_account info available, using value from PROJECT
Using project from config_machines.xml: def-XXXX
RUN: git describe --tags $(git log -n1 --pretty='%h')
output: cesm2.1.3-rc.01

cesm model version found: cesm2.1.3-rc.01
Batch_system_type is slurm
RUN: /cvmfs/soft.computecanada.ca/gentoo/2020/usr/bin/xmllint --noout --schema /home/meisam/my_cesm_sandbox/cime/config/xml_schemas/config_batch.xsd /home/meisam/my_cesm_sandbox/cime/config/cesm/machines/config_batch.xml
errput: /home/meisam/my_cesm_sandbox/cime/config/cesm/machines/config_batch.xml validates

File "./create_newcase", line 218, in <module>
_main_func(__doc__)
File "./create_newcase", line 213, in _main_func
input_dir=input_dir, driver=driver, workflowid=workflow)
File "/home/XXXX/my_cesm_sandbox/cime/scripts/Tools/../../scripts/lib/CIME/case/case.py", line 1452, in create
input_dir=input_dir, driver=driver, workflowid=workflowid)
File "/home/XXXXX/my_cesm_sandbox/cime/scripts/Tools/../../scripts/lib/CIME/case/case.py", line 949, in configure
batch = Batch(batch_system=batch_system_type, machine=machine_name, files=files)
File "/home/XXXXX/my_cesm_sandbox/cime/scripts/Tools/../../scripts/lib/CIME/XML/batch.py", line 41, in __init__
self.set_batch_system(self.batch_system, machine=machine)
File "/home/XXXXX/my_cesm_sandbox/cime/scripts/Tools/../../scripts/lib/CIME/XML/batch.py", line 79, in set_batch_system
expect(self.batch_system_node is not None, "No batch system '{}' found".format(batch_system))
File "/home/XXXXX/my_cesm_sandbox/cime/scripts/Tools/../../scripts/lib/CIME/utils.py", line 126, in expect
traceback.print_stack()
ERROR: No batch system 'slurm' found
-------------------------------------------

1- Do you think I should try downloading and setting up the model from the beginning again?

2- I have asked my colleagues about this and they say that I have to make a ".cime" directory in my home directory and put all the config.xml files in it. Is that ok?