Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

some question about the experiments of SOLAR_ONLY by cesm1_0_5(compset B_1850-2005_WACCM_CN)

hello! I will appreciate it so much for your help.

I want to rerun the CCSM4 1° 20th Century Solar-only Forcing Ensemble Member #1Case Name: b40.20th.solar.1deg.006 from one of the 20th Century Single-Forcings Simulations.
After finishing the experiment, I will compare the result with yours on the http://www.cesm.ucar.edu/experiments/cesm1.0/,so that I can keep moving. but so many problems ! i don't know how to close the carbon cycle, the forcing of ozone and aerosol.....? i have read the all of cam namelist. but, how can i control the forcing exactly?
I hope someone could supply me some detail how to change the namelist to accomplish it.

thx so much for you help again.

klindsay

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Hi,My response with respect to your question regarding the carbon cycle.The compset you have mentioned does not have a full coupled carbon cycle.Atmospheric CO2 is prescribed, and there is no ocean carbon cycle.Could you explain what you mean by "close the carbon cycle"?Keith

Hi,Keithfirstly, thx for your quick response.i'm a fresh hand, so there are some fuzzy concept.
"Atmospheric CO2 is prescribed, and there is no ocean carbon cycle."by the mean of  bndtvghg= '/vol-th/home/zhq/inputdata/atm/cam/ggas/ghg_hist_1765-2005_c091218.nc' co2vmr= 0.000001e-6 flbc_file= '/vol-th/home/zhq/inputdata/atm/waccm/lb/LBC_1765-2005_1.9x2.5_CMIP5_za_c091204.nc' flbc_list= 'CCL4', 'CF2CLBR', 'CF3BR', 'CFC11', 'CFC113', 'CFC12', 'CH3BR', 'CH3CCL3', 'CH3CL', 'CH4', 'CO2', 'H2', 'HCFC22',  'N2O' flbc_type= 'SERIAL' scenario_ghg= 'RAMPED'???or some id in env_conf.xml
the carbon cycle what i said is differnt with CO2 in atm and ocn. my teacher told me that the the carbon cycle is a full coupled  biogeochemical mudule that i don't understand .[/b]in order to exploring the solar effect on the earth, so do close the carbon cycle.thank you very much, Keith.

in the Buildconf I am always finding some namelist, such as prescribed _volcaero_file, prescribed zone_file.......so i doubt what specific matters they are.