Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Standardized setup method of transient land cover in IHIST

xiaoxiaokuishu

Ru Xu
Hi, all,
I perform a simulation using IHIST, but accidently set the namelist as follow:
&dynamic_subgrid
do_transient_crops = .false.
do_transient_pfts = .false.
flanduse_timeseries = '/scratch/snx3000/rxu/CCLM2_inputdata/cesm_inputdata/lnd/clm2/surfdata_map/release-clm5.0.18/landuse.timeseries_0.9x1.25_SSP3-7.0_78pfts_CMIP6_simyr1850-2100_c190214.nc'
/
The do_transient is false, but the flanduse_timeseries data is presented in namelist.
I am confusion for this kind of setting, does the model actually use time series data? If the model do not use the landuse.timeseries, so the IHIST is more close to
the I2000?

slevis

@xiaoxiaokuishu I think you are correct. However, I expect that your IHist case likely uses transient CO2 and possibly other such variables that would still make it different from I2000.