switching off Zhang's scheme

Dear CAM users,
I want to switch off The Zhang's scheme(ZM), and and hope that, it could be done by either making TAU to infinity or CAPE LIMIT to infinity. But, I am not sure whether this is a correct way of switching it off. Secondly, as some of the output(i. e. detrained cloud water) of the ZM scheme is used as a input to the large scale(strati-form) precipitation parameterization, what will happen in this case ? If anybody will give me a little guide line in this respect, it will help me a lot.

Thanks,
Saroj
 

rneale

Rich Neale
CAM Project Scientist
Staff member
In the past I have set the capelmt variable to a very higher number (10e6) so that the instability test will always lead to no convection at every grid-point and time step. The convective detrainment will be effectively turned off with this approach, but the model should still run fine, particularly since the Hack shallow scheme will take over a significant portion of the deep convection's role.
 
rneale said:
In the past I have set the capelmt variable to a very higher number (10e6) so that the instability test will always lead to no convection at every grid-point and time step. The convective detrainment will be effectively turned off with this approach, but the model should still run fine, particularly since the Hack shallow scheme will take over a significant portion of the deep convection's role.

Dear Neale,
Thanks a lot for your prompt help,

Regards,
Saroj
 
Back
Top