Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

The initial data of FCHIST

zhangmeixin

mxzhang
Hi! I want to change the run start date of FCHIST compset to 1980, but I cant find the proper initial data (I dont have the Cheyenne account)
So How can I get the initial data?

slevis

We do not provide initial data for 1980, but you can generate it yourself by running the model up to the end of 1979.

zhangmeixin

mxzhang
We do not provide initial data for 1980, but you can generate it yourself by running the model up to the end of 1979.
Thanks for your reply!But the default start year of FCHIST compset is 1995, so I don’t know how to run that earlier without initial data(I found the inputdata only provide the 1995 initial data)

slevis

I am not familiar with the purpose of the FCHIST compset. If i were in your position, I would think about my options:
1) Change the start year manually but use the same initial file?
2) Same as (1) but perform a spinup to generate the initial file that you would like to have?
3) Use a different compset that uses a different initial file (1850 perhaps?) to generate the initial file that you wish to use?
4) There may be other options that are better that i have not thought of.

zhangmeixin

mxzhang
I am not familiar with the purpose of the FCHIST compset. If i were in your position, I would think about my options:
1) Change the start year manually but use the same initial file?
2) Same as (1) but perform a spinup to generate the initial file that you would like to have?
3) Use a different compset that uses a different initial file (1850 perhaps?) to generate the initial file that you wish to use?
4) There may be other options that are better that i have not thought of.
Thanks for your reply!You provided some great ideas, and I will take them into consideration!