Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

The problem of model output

MikeYuan

tfYuan
Hello,
Currently, I am running the single point case (HIST_DATM%GSWP3v1_CLM50%BGC-CROP_SICE_SOCN_MOSART_SGLC_SWAV --res 1x1_brazil).
I am currently facing the following issue:
When the output of the mode is one value per month(hist_mfilt=1), the output file does not display variables, just several variables such as XXX_vr in the h0 file, and the h1 file has no variable. However, when the output is set to multiple months(hist_mfilt≠1), the h0 and h1 file display all variables. What could be causing this issue? Since I wanna check the value of some variables every month, what should I do?

Looking forward to your reply~

Thank you very much
Mike

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
First, can you attach your lnd_in file?
Are all the variables there if you do an ncdump -h on your h0 and h1 files?

MikeYuan

tfYuan
First, can you attach your lnd_in file?
Are all the variables there if you do an ncdump -h on your h0 and h1 files?
Thanks for your reply, Mr.Oleson.
I used 'ncdump -h' to check and found that all variables are indeed present, but I don't know why I can't view them using 'ncview'. Additionally, I wanted to ask: In terms of the new species (Hg) that I added, why are the results from my resubmission different from those obtained through continuous running? Could it be that I omitted some code or missed calling a certain step?

Thank you
Mike

Attachments

• lnd_in.txt
    10.2 KB · Views: 2

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Possibly the history file is not closing properly or you are trying to view it before it is closed, it looks like the model needs to run at least a year to close out the file since you have 12 monthly time slices per file. Otherwise, I'm not sure. You could try just the default of one time slice per file.
Regarding the different results, it's possible you are missing adding a variable on the restart file that's required to get a proper restart.