Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

too cold to be true

Hi all, I have ported CESM2.1.0 to a supercomputer in Extremadura (Spain). I have made a simulation of the 20th centure (1979-2015) but the results are completely discouraging with a very cold climate (I attach a plot of TREFHT given by the model an that of LEGATES, set 3 of the diagnostic package amwg_diag_20140804).

the compset used is:

2019-04-01 07:56:02: ./create_newcase --debug --case ../../../BHIST210_1x1 --compset BHIST --res f09_g17 --run-unsupported --mach login1 --compiler intel

the restart is

<entry id="RUN_REFCASE" value="b.e20.BHIST.f09_g17.20thC.297_01_v2">
<type>char</type>
<desc>
Reference case for hybrid or branch runs
</desc>
</entry>
<entry id="RUN_REFDATE" value="1979-01-01">

any help will be wellcome

cheers

Agustin

Attachments

• set3_ANN_TREFHT_LEGATES_obsc.png
    set3_ANN_TREFHT_LEGATES_obsc.png
    92.6 KB · Views: 7
Hi Erik, in first place I wish you a Merry Christmas (today is 24/12). After a big effort I could run the tests you suggest with a lot of 'FAILS' that I found them hard to understand. Find attached a file with the results. What I am most worried about is the difference between the results I get running CESM1 and CESM2. I attach a similar figure obtained with CESM1 and CESM2. If It was a machine problem why the results are so good with CESM1 and so bad with CESM2.

Thanks again,

Attachments

• test_Output.txt
    28.7 KB · Views: 0
  • set3_ANN_TREFHT_LEGATES_obsc _CESM1.png
    set3_ANN_TREFHT_LEGATES_obsc _CESM1.png
    45 KB · Views: 4
  • set3_ANN_TREFHT_LEGATES_obsc_CESM2.png
    set3_ANN_TREFHT_LEGATES_obsc_CESM2.png
    92.6 KB · Views: 4
After my last post of 24 decembre, I has been working out the results of the test. A lot of FAILS come from the fact that the application cprnc was not compiled. However, after its compilation, there remains numerous FAILS that I have writen in the attached file. Any suggestions to solve them are wellcome.

Cheers,

Agustin

Attachments

• Fallos_Test.pdf
    77.8 KB · Views: 3
I have made a new try using CESM2_1_3. I have change the netcdf version from 4.1.3 to 4.6.3 (C) and 4.4 (fortran). The problems follow the same. Attached is a figure of the daily mean temperature TREFH (2 m) at the point 12 N, 0W for the first year of simulation. As it may be seen the temperarure drops dramaticaly after the summer. I don't understand how a think like this may be happen. I will follow with the test as sugested by ERIK and change the post to the infrastructure section.

Thank very much

Agustin

Attachments

• trefht_1980.pdf
    7.3 KB · Views: 1