Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Topography Change

Tresa

Tresa
I'm using CESM1.2.2 (CAM4) model present-day simulations. After a spin-up of around 150years, I wanted to make some topography change. A branch run was created and the changed topography file was specified in user_nl_cam. The file appeared in the name list also but after even 40 years of run the intended change was not reflected. Can someone help me with the same.

aherring

Adam
You're saying that you created a branch run, set the bnd_topo namelist to a new topo file in user_nl_cam ... and this is not reflected in the model output? That is strange. Please confirm this is what is occurring. The bnd_topo namelist should override any topo information in the restarts ...

Tresa

Tresa
Yes. I have done it as you told. In namelist also the change has happened. Still the override in restart has not occurred.