Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Try to modify the value of albedo to calculate radiative forcing

SelenaChou

SelenaChou
Dear all,

My research requires me to modify the value of land or soil albedo to calculate the change of radiative foring as a simulation. I use the user_defined compset while all the other components except cam5 are stub, as the PORT guide https://wiki.ucar.edu/display/port/PORT explains.

Now my first two cases have been operated for more than 16 months successfully without any data change. My next step is to modify some F90 file or alter some input files to change the albedo of underlying surface. However, I found that the F90 file I possibly need to edit might be /clm/src/biogeophys/SurfaceAlbedoMod.F90. Does it mean i have to set clm component active if I want to edit this file? Besides, could I haver other approaches to modify the value of albedo?

Thanks!

Selena

SelenaChou

SelenaChou
I tried to modify rad_aldir and rad_aldif_pos whose initial values were both 0 in the h1 file from the base case. But it makes no difference. Its outcome is the same as that of the second case which is to validate the PORT.

Besides, I don't know the difference between rad_aldir and rad_aldif_pos.

SelenaChou

SelenaChou
I have solved this problem. As I anticipated, the land component should not be set as stub, I choose the mode of CLM50%SP in the base case and avoid this bug.