Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

trying to implement surface emission

jzweifel

jzweifel
Hello,

I am a new user to CESM2 and am trying for my first time to adjust my model. Specifically, I am trying to implement a change in sulfate emissions. I tracked down a netcdf file (srf_emis_specifier for num_a2) and manipulated it locally to create a large crude plume of sulfae aersols on the east coast of the U.S. I then reuploaded it into my case directory under the name "aerosol_blob".

Like I said I am trying to implement this change now so I followed the format I found here: Change emissions input - CAM-Chem - wiki.ucar.edu

My user_nl_cam now looks like this:

! Users should add all user specific namelist changes below in the form of
! namelist_var = new_namelist_value

&chem_inparm
srf_emis_specifier = 'num_a2 /glade/work/jzweifel/cases/control_F2000/aerosol_blob.nc'
/

The errors that I am receiving back via email look like this:

PBS Job Id: 1773677.desched1
Job Name: st_archive.control_F2000
Aborted by PBS Server
Job deleted as result of dependency on job 1773676.desched1

I have tried to investigate this a few times after some failed runs and am finding messages that looks like this in my cesm logs:

dec0789.hsn.de.hpc.ucar.edu 1: Opened existing file /glade/work/jzweifel/cases/control_F2000/aerosol_blob.nc
dec0789.hsn.de.hpc.ucar.edu 1: NetCDF: Variable not found
pio_support::pio_die:: myrank= -1 : ERROR: nf_mod.F90: 730 :
NetCDF: Variable not found
dec0790.hsn.de.hpc.ucar.edu 129: NetCDF: Variable not found

Could anyone help me figure out what to do next and how to correctly implement this new emission file I have?

Thanks!

Jack

nusbaume

Jesse Nusbaumer
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Responses to this question can be found in the forum post below: