Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

vertical regridding for MOM6

prasanna

Prasanna Kanti Ghoshal
Hi,
I have created initial and boundary condition for my own MOM6 grid in pycnal_regridding and I am using WOA data. The output file taking the vertical structure of WOA data. If I want my own vertical structure what I need to do?? Is there any regridding tool for vertical structure?

gmarques

Gustavo Marques
Staff member
Hi,
What do you mean by your "own vertical structure"? are you trying to create idealized initial and boundary conditions?

For the open boundary conditions, you can supply it on the vertical grid of the source fields and the model will do the vertical interpolations at run time. It always has to do this vertical interpolation because the model vertical grid is evolving internally.

prasanna

Prasanna Kanti Ghoshal
Madam,
I created a regional grid which has two open boundaries. I placed the obc_segment data and specifications in MOM_input but the following error is coming. Can you please guide me to find the source of the error? Is it due to wrong obc file generation or anything else?

FATAL from PE 223: fms_io(field_size): field SALT)â<80>_segment_002 NOT found in file INPUT/obc_woa13_m1_12.nc

Rank 223 [Fri Jul 8 12:49:02 2022] [c7-0c1s6n0] application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) - process 223