Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

warm pool heating exp. question

I am using CAM3 climatological SSTs as model forcing to do the warm pool heating experiment, I have replaced the original
"sst_HadOIBl_bc_64x128_clim_c020411.nc" with "sst_HadOIBl_bc_64x128_clim_c020411_plusanom.nc" which
is imposed 1K anomaly over the warm pool.
The modified SST is archived in my home directory
/home/blackforest/taoz/cam3.0/usr_src/sst_HadOIBl_bc_64x128_clim_c020411_plusanom.nc

My question is how to get the perturbed run started corretly in "blackforest"?
Specifically, I want to use a modified code in my home directory
/home/blackforest/taoz/cam3.0/usr_src/ to replace the original code and read in the new modified SST, So I wonder where to modify
the code and runscript and how to do?

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.
Thanks,

jmccaa

Why do you want to modify code? This is not necessary if all you want to do is replace the SST file. To use your modified SST file, you can set the value of the namelist variable BNDTVS to point at the appropriate file.

I found this information by looking in the online user's guide, and you could too -- BNDTVS is described here:
http://www.ccsm.ucar.edu/models/atm-cam/docs/usersguide/node45.html#bndtvs

For how to include it in a build-namelist command, see that section of the user's guide, particularly the -namelist option to build-namelist.

Jim