Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

What code is used for my compset?

auestad

Hi (and apologies if this is a duplicate question),

I intend to run CAM4 with some modifications to the code. I wonder if and where there is a file generated as I set up my experiment that points to the exact code that is used by my compset, such that I know which modules I need to modify.

E.g. env_build.xml is not it as I am interested in the exact pieces of code that go into CAM4 and the (mix of the) other components that I am using.

Thanks for the help!

Best,
Henrik

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
I think that what you want is to look in the bld/atm/obj directory. There you will find files Filepath and Srcfiles which contain
the list of source directories and the list of files used in the build. There are similar files for other components in their obj directories.
For each filename in Srcfiles the directories in Filepath are searched in order - the first file found that matches the filename is used.

auestad

I think that what you want is to look in the bld/atm/obj directory. There you will find files Filepath and Srcfiles which contain
the list of source directories and the list of files used in the build. There are similar files for other components in their obj directories.
For each filename in Srcfiles the directories in Filepath are searched in order - the first file found that matches the filename is used.
Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!