Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

when ./case.build , error out=ERROR: unrecognized arguments: off

Li Ming

Li Ming
Hi
I've ported CLM5.0 to my local machine, I've changed the config_machines.xml file which is located in /gpfs/gpfs_fs/home/lmw/clm5.0/cime/config/cesm/machines/,
then I also changed the config_compilers.xml file in the same path. First I executed . /getregional_datasets.pl program which lodated in ~/clm5.0/tools/ncl_scripts/ to finish cropping the study area, the result is domain.lnd.fv0.47x0.63_gx1v6-TP.nc and surfdata_0.47x0.63_16pfts-TP.nc,
then I run ./create_newcase --case my_userdataset_test7 --res CLM_USRDAT --compset 1850_DATM%GSWP3v1_CLM50%BGC_SICE_SOCN_SROF_SGLC_SWAV --compiler intel --mach myintel --run-unsupported .
I set this section:

set GRIDNAME=0.5x0.5TP
set LMASK=gx1v6
./xmlchange CLM_USRDAT_NAME=$GRIDNAME,CLM_BLDNML_OPTS="-mask $LMASK"
./xmlchange ATM_DOMAIN_FILE=domain.lnd.${GRIDNAME}_$LMASK.nc
./xmlchange LND_DOMAIN_FILE=domain.lnd.${GRIDNAME}_$LMASK.nc

I modified the env_run.xml

DATM_CLMNCEP_YR_END:2010
DATM_CLMNCEP_YR_START:2010
ATM_DOMAIN_FILE: domain.lnd.fv0.47x0.63_gx1v6-TP.nc
LND_DOMAIN_FILE: domain.lnd.fv0.47x0.63_gx1v6-TP.nc
ATM_DOMAIN_PATH: /gpfs/gpfs_fs/home/lmw/cesm/inputdata/wodewenjian
LND_DOMAIN_PATH: /gpfs/gpfs_fs/home/lmw/cesm/inputdata/wodewenjian

Then I run ./case_setup , there is no error. Next step I modified the user_nl_clm by adding surdata='/gpfs/gpfs_fs/home/lmw/cesm/inputdata/wodewenjian/surfdata_0.47x0.63_16pfts-TP.nc'.
When I run ./case.build, I get the following error, how else can I fix this error please

Building case in directory /gpfs/gpfs_fs/home/lmw/clm5.0/cime/scripts/my_userdataset_test7
sharedlib_only is False
model_only is False
Setting resource.RLIMIT_STACK to -1 from (-1, -1)
Generating component namelists as part of build
Creating component namelists
Calling /gpfs/gpfs_fs/home/lmw/clm5.0/cime/src/components/data_comps/datm/cime_config/buildnml
Calling /gpfs/gpfs_fs/home/lmw/clm5.0/cime_config/buildnml
ERROR: Command /gpfs/gpfs_fs/home/lmw/clm5.0/bld/build-namelist failed rc=255
out=ERROR: unrecognized arguments: off
err=SYNOPSIS
build-namelist [options]

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    136.7 KB · Views: 8
  • env_run.xml.txt
    55.9 KB · Views: 2
  • user_nl_clm.txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 2

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
There is something wrong in your user_nl_clm, fsurdata should be fsurdat. Although I'm not sure that would be associated with your particular error.

Li Ming

Li Ming
Thanks for your reply,
I modified the user_nl_clm, fsurdat = '/gpfs/gpfs_fs/home/lmw/cesm/inputdata/wodewenjian/surfdata_0.47x0.63_16pfts-TP.nc'. but it still reports the same error, Is there a way for me to solve this problem?

Attachments

• error.png
    error.png
    136.7 KB · Views: 7

sacks

Bill Sacks
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
I'm not sure what would cause this problem, but you could get more information by printing the full command that this is trying to execute. Edit the file cime_config/buildnml and find the line starting with command = (line 234 in the version I'm looking at... maybe a slightly different line number in your version). After that line but before the line containing the call to run_cmd, insert a line print(command), then rerun preview_namelists. If you post the output from that, we might be able to better see what's going on.

erik

Erik Kluzek
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
The problem is the setting of CLM_BLDNML_OPTS which is currently "-mask" if the mask option is being used for it, it also needs a value. Is this a value you intentionally changed? What was your goal in changing it?

Li Ming

Li Ming
The problem is the setting of CLM_BLDNML_OPTS which is currently "-mask" if the mask option is being used for it, it also needs a value. Is this a value you intentionally changed? What was your goal in changing it?
I'm not sure what would cause this problem, but you could get more information by printing the full command that this is trying to execute. Edit the file cime_config/buildnml and find the line starting with command = (line 234 in the version I'm looking at... maybe a slightly different line number in your version). After that line but before the line containing the call to run_cmd, insert a line print(command), then rerun preview_namelists. If you post the output from that, we might be able to better see what's going on.
Hi dear Sacks and Erik,
thank you for your reply. I was so busy a while ago that I didn't reply in time,I am very sorry. Maybe I used the initial file by mistake, when I set the case of 0.9° the program works fine, I can use 0.9° to run temporarily, thanks again for the reply!