Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Where to find differentes between CESM model versions

nuvolet

Toni Viudez
Greetings,

I am interested to find the differences between two CESM versions.

In my local machine:
cesm model version found: cesm2.2.0

While in Derecho :
cesm model version found: release-cesm2.2.2

I have some modified modules from CAM which work fine in my local machine and I want to know if I would need to customize them for the version on Derecho.

Thanks in advance

fischer

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Hi Toni,

We used to have a webpage that had a short description of the changes. But I can't seem to find it right now.
But here's a quick explanation of the differences.

cesm2.2.2: Add derecho support, and update manage_externals due to changes with git/svn.
cesm2.2.1: WACCM-MA chemistry updates and CAM SE dycore updates.

You can see these changes in the ChangeLog in the top directory of the model.

So if your CAM changes are not in WACCM-MA chemistry or the SE dycore, you should be fine.

Chris

nuvolet

Toni Viudez
Hi Toni,

We used to have a webpage that had a short description of the changes. But I can't seem to find it right now.
But here's a quick explanation of the differences.

cesm2.2.2: Add derecho support, and update manage_externals due to changes with git/svn.
cesm2.2.1: WACCM-MA chemistry updates and CAM SE dycore updates.

You can see these changes in the ChangeLog in the top directory of the model.

So if your CAM changes are not in WACCM-MA chemistry or the SE dycore, you should be fine.

Chris
Thanks Chris.