Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

WRF-CTSM (check_atm_landfrac) ERROR: atm landfrac > 0 for a point that CTSM thinks is ocean)

dquaker

Christiana Funmilola Olusegun
@oleson, @erik Kindly support me to fix the error encountered in my WRF-CTSM runs. The error is
ERROR:
(check_atm_landfrac) ERROR: atm landfrac > 0 for a point that CTSM thinks is ocean.

I am attaching the error files.

Attachments

• rsl.out.0000.txt
    118.8 KB · Views: 3
  • rsl.error.0000.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 4

slevis

It has been a few years since I worked with WRF-CTSM, so I don't know off hand what causes this error. My first guess is that there is an inconsistency between a WRF landfrac and some CESM/CTSM mesh file and/or the fsurdat file.

When I used WRF-CTSM in the past, I closely followed the instructions in the user's guide and never encountered this error. So this would be my first recommendation if you have not followed the user's guide closely.

dquaker

Christiana Funmilola Olusegun
Thank you for the referrer. However, this was the procedure (reading the user guide) that I strictly followed before getting the attached error. I recalled I found a similar error posted on github (How do you generate ESMFMesh files for WRF-CTSM? · ESCOMP/CTSM · Discussion #1832) and also followed the preferred solution. Unfortunately, it does not work for my case. Hence, my request is for your expert advice to solve this error.

Carter4444

Carter Watson
All files related to geo_em.d01.nc should be reproduced based on this solution.
wrf2clm_land.nc
wrf2ctsm_land_ESMFMesh.nc
domain.lnd.wrf2clm_lnd_noneg_wrf2clm_ocn_noneg.240603.nc
……
Hi Xiao.zh, did you ever find a solution to this problem? I am experiencing this issue right now and would appreciate any guidance you could provide.