A question about Alkalinity in CESM2-esm-ssp585

Jay Zhu

Member
Hi all,

I found that in CMIP6, CESM2 showed a decrease in alkalinity of about 10 mol/m3 in the output file of experiment ID "esm-ssp585". Does this output belong to the compset "SSP585_CAM60_CLM50%BGC-CROP-CMIP6DECK_CICE%CMIP6_POP2%ECO%ABIO-DIC_MOSART_CISM2%NOEVOLVE_WW3_BGC%BPRP"? Is this caused by model drift?

CESM2-esm-ssp585-CMIP6.png
And another question is that there is a variable named "bddtalk" which means "Net of biological terms in time rate of change of alkalinity". I'm a little confused about this concept. Can the decrease in alkalinity in the figure be explained by this concept?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
 

Jay Zhu

Member
Hi all,

I found that in CMIP6, CESM2 showed a decrease in alkalinity of about 10 mol/m3 in the output file of experiment ID "esm-ssp585". Does this output belong to the compset "SSP585_CAM60_CLM50%BGC-CROP-CMIP6DECK_CICE%CMIP6_POP2%ECO%ABIO-DIC_MOSART_CISM2%NOEVOLVE_WW3_BGC%BPRP"? Is this caused by model drift?

View attachment 5218
And another question is that there is a variable named "bddtalk" which means "Net of biological terms in time rate of change of alkalinity". I'm a little confused about this concept. Can the decrease in alkalinity in the figure be explained by this concept?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Sorry for the mistake. The decrease in Alkalinity is about 0.01 mol/m^3.
 
Back
Top