Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

A question about how to run CESM2 at f02_g16

USER_M

USER_M
When I run ./case.build, there exist an error
-----------------------------------------------------------------
ERROR: No default value found for ncdata
user defined attributes:
key=ic_md val=00010101
err=Died at /..../my_cesm_sandbox/components/cam/bld/build-namelist line 4054.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Is it because CESM2 doesn't support f02_g16?

cacraig

Cheryl Craig
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Unfortunately, we will need more information from you to help you debug your problem. Please follow the guidelines posted at:
https://bb.cgd.ucar.edu/cesm/threads/information-to-include-in-help-requests.4974/ to supply the information we'll need to help you.

I was able to run the following successfully:
./create_newcase --case test_forum --compset FKESSLER --res f02_g16 --run-unsupported
cd test_forum
./case.setup
./case.build

USER_M

USER_M
My CESM version is 2.1.3, the case I built was ./create_newcase --case /xxxx --compset B1850 --res f02_g16 --run-unsupported, and died in ./case.build.

cacraig

Cheryl Craig
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
CESM2.1.3 does not support f02_g16 using the B1850 compset. Other users may be able to advise you on how to proceed if you want to try to get this to run on your own.