Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

A question when I ddd new prescribed moisture streams feature in CESM2

kwzhang

kwzhang
Hi, everyone.

I would like to carry out an experiment with prescribed climatology of soil moisture over the land. I set "use_soil_moisture_streams = .true. ". I think the prescribed soil moisture file will replace the model prognostically determining soil moisture. My question is how often does this happen? For example, the mode output will be replaced once with the prescribed file after 3 hours? If so, there is still an interaction between the land and the atmosphere, except that soil moisture is not affected by the atmosphere because the model output is replaced by the specified file?

Any hints would be helpful! Thanks in advance!
Best,
Kaiwen

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
The soil moisture from the file is interpolated to the model time step. See src/cpl/share_esmf/SoilMoistureStreamMod.F90