Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

About error in a test case

zihan910

WANG Zihan
Dear everyone,

My name is Zihan from Tokyo Institute of Technology.
I was running a BHISTcmip6 test run from 1941 to 1959, but this simulation failed (Machine --Tsubame). The error shown in "/gs/hs1/tga-wrf-guc/share/CESM/scratch/19M58593/archive/urbhist/logs"
says "ERROR:CHKRC" and "MM out of range."
From my own understanding, this error is saying that the time period is not suitable/appropriate in this simulation. Our previous simulation run also had the "MM out of range" error. But since I'm new to CESM, could someone help me with understanding of this error, or anything with CHKRC?

Thank you so much in advance!

Sincerely,
WANG Zihan

erik

Erik Kluzek
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
The problem is that it's trying to set a time with a month that's less than 1 or greater than 12. The question is where this is coming from. I'd look at your starting time as well as more of the log files to see why it's trying to do this. Running with DEBUG=TRUE so it gives you a better backtrace would be helpful as well.

zihan910

WANG Zihan
Hi Eric. Thank you for the suggestion. We have succeeded after reading the log file and checking the input. The issue was that the initial month we set was not found in the input file. This means the input file was not completely downloaded. We redownloaded from the server and now it's running smoothly.

Thanks a lot for your help!