Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Attempt to access non-existent record in horizontal grid file horiz_grid_20030806.ieeer8

I am using CESM 1.0.4 to run the E_2000 component set with a resolution of f45_g37. Soon aftert the start of the run, it aborts with a Model did not complete message. After digging through the log files I found the following error at the bottom of the ccsm.log file: Opened existing file /export/scratch/cesm_Normal/inputdata/lnd/clm2/surfdata/surfdata_4x5_simyr2000_ c090928.nc      458752 Reading setup_nml Reading grid_nml Reading ice_nml Reading tracer_nmlCalcWorkPerBlock: Total blocks:    12 Ice blocks:    12 IceFree blocks:     0 Land blocks:     0forrtl: severe (36): attempt to access non-existent record, unit 95, file /export/scratch/cesm_Normal/inputdata/ocn/pop/gx3v7/grid/horiz_grid_20030806.ieeer8Image              PC                Routine            Line        Sourceccsm.exe           0000000000DB824A  Unknown               Unknown  Unknownccsm.exe           0000000000DB6D46  Unknown               Unknown  Unknownccsm.exe           0000000000D6C3F0  Unknown               Unknown  Unknownccsm.exe           0000000000D01AFE  Unknown               Unknown  Unknownccsm.exe           0000000000D0103F  Unknown               Unknown  Unknownccsm.exe           0000000000D203B7  Unknown               Unknown  Unknownccsm.exe           0000000000D1E996  Unknown               Unknown  Unknownccsm.exe           0000000000930FB7  Unknown               Unknown  Unknownccsm.exe           0000000000900DC8  Unknown               Unknown  Unknownccsm.exe           00000000008FF9F1  Unknown               Unknown  Unknownccsm.exe           0000000000974C57  Unknown               Unknown  Unknownccsm.exe           00000000008DCC8D  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown Does anyone know what could cause such an error and how it could be fixed? I have also attached the full ccsm.log file. Thank you in advance for your help,Beth 

dbailey

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
A couple things. Make sure you have read the FAQ on SOM runs at:https://bb.cgd.ucar.edu/faq-data-ocean-slab-mode-docn-somSecondly, you are pointing to an inputdata area on your machine of:/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/inputdata/Make sure that all of the POP grid definitions (under ocn/pop) exist on your system. The CICE model is attemping to access the grid coordinate file and not finding it.Dave

Thank you very much for the information Dave.This might be a stupid question but do you know which file/files contain the POP grid definitions (under ocn/pop)? Until now I have been only working with the atmosphere model and I am not really familiar with the ocean and ice models and their files.Also a second question. The model was unable to find the CICE_BLCKX, CICE_BLCKY, CICE_MXBLCKS and CICE_DECOMPTYPE by itself. So I had to do:./xmlchange -file env_mach_pes.xml-id CICE_AUTO_DECOMP-val false./xmlchange -file env_build.xml-id CICE_BLCKX      -val 12./xmlchange -file env_build.xml-id CICE_BLCKY      -val 46        ./xmlchange -file env_build.xml-id CICE_MXBLCKS                     -val 5./xmlchange -file env_build.xml -id CICE_DECOMPTYPE -val cartesian Are those settings correct? Is there something I should change? Thank you in advance for your help,Beth

dbailey

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
The horiz_grid and topography files are what CICE needs. POP (which you are not running in a SOM case) also needs the region_mask file. The ones with the most recent dates are the preferable ones. The gx3 (nominal 3-degree) resolution is tricky for the CICE block decompositions. How many processors are you giving CICE? I have attached a number of decompositions that work with the x3. The first number in the column is CICE_BLCKX, the second column is CICE_BLCKY and the third is number of processors. It is generally better to have CICE_BLCKY >> CICE_BLCKX and these need to divide evenly into NY and NX respectively. Alternatively, if you don't like having to set these you can choose a processor count from the attached list and the decomp tool will find a decomp for you.Dave

Thank you very much for the information Dave,I checked the horiz_grid and topography files, as well as the region_mask. They are located in my $DIN_LOC_ROOT/ocn/pop/gx3v7/grid folder. The names of the files are:horiz_grid_20030806.ieeer8topography_20100105.ieeei4region_mask_200090831.ieeei4 Are there newer files that I can use? Where can I get them from? I decided to use the first decomposition in the list that you sent me the 100x116x1 one.  I run the model in debug mode and noticed that the error changed. In debug mode the error in ccsm.log is:  Opened existing file /home/ubelix/iap/eproedrou/cesm_New_CompSet/inputdata/lnd/clm2/surfdata/surfdat a_4x5_simyr2000_c090928.nc      458752 Reading setup_nml Reading grid_nml Reading ice_nml Reading tracer_nmlforrtl: error (72): floating overflowImage              PC                Routine            Line        Sourceccsm.exe           0000000001B45AE2  Unknown               Unknown  Unknownccsm.exe           0000000001B458C0  Unknown               Unknown  Unknownccsm.exe           0000000001B428A4  Unknown               Unknown  Unknownccsm.exe           0000000001A8288A  Unknown               Unknown  Unknownccsm.exe           0000000001CE5FC8  Unknown               Unknown  Unknownccsm.exe           00000000019EA7BA  Unknown               Unknown  Unknownccsm.exe           000000000042AF52  Unknown               Unknown  Unknownccsm.exe           0000000000443C2A  Unknown               Unknown  Unknownccsm.exe           0000000000422FFC  Unknown               Unknown  Unknownlibc.so.6          000000309101ED5D  Unknown               Unknown  Unknownccsm.exe           0000000000422EF9  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown======================================================================================   BAD TERMINATION OF ONE OF YOUR APPLICATION PROCESSES=   EXIT CODE: 6=   CLEANING UP REMAINING PROCESSES=   YOU CAN IGNORE THE BELOW CLEANUP MESSAGES=====================================================================================APPLICATION TERMINATED WITH THE EXIT STRING: Aborted (signal 6)    I have attached the full ccsm.log together with the logs for the coupler, atmosphere, ocean, land and ice. Do you have any idea of what the error means and how I can fix it?     Also another question in: https://bb.cgd.ucar.edu/faq-data-ocean-slab-mode-docn-somIt says that scientific validated SOM forcing files are available in https://svn-ccsm-inputdata.cgd.ucar.edu/trunk/inputdata/ocn/docn7/SOM/  I went through them but I am not sure which one is the most fitting to the E_2000 simulation. Could you point me to the proper one?;  Thank you in advance for your help,Beth>

dbailey

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
I would try a minimum of 4 processors for the CICE or 16 if you can spare it. I don't really trust the single processor mode. As for the SOM forcing, there is only one forcing file for the gx3v7 resolution which is pop_frc.gx3v7.110128.nc. It may not be perfectly ideal for your simulation, but it should be fine. This filename goes in Buildconf/docn.buildnml.csh in CESM1.0.4.Dave

Thank you for suggestions Dave.I followed your instructions and changed the number of processors to 5 (CICE_BLCKY = 116 , CICE_BLCKX = 20) and also changed the  dataset to the one you suggested. However the model still crashes with the same error. 

dbailey

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
I'm not sure what is going on here, but it might be a system issue. Try setting DEBUG to TRUE in env_build.xml and then do a clean_build and rebuild again. Hopefully this will give you more information about where it is crashing.Dave

Hello Dave,I did as you instructed. I also set INFO_DBUG=2 and PIO_DEBUG_LEVEL=2. The program still crushes. Though it is slightly different now.  Reading tracer_nmlforrtl: error (72): floating overflowImage              PC                Routine            Line        Source             ccsm.exe           0000000001B3159E  Unknown               Unknown  Unknownccsm.exe           0000000001B3137C  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown I have attached the simulation logs as well as the env_run.xml, env_conf.xml, env_mach_pes.xml, env_build.xml and script executing cesm.Any advice on how to proceeed?By the way how much memory would be required to run the E_2000 for 1 day?

dbailey

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Are there no core files? These should give you information about where it is crashing in the code. I'm not sure about the memory requirements at this resolution. I think I will bring in one of the software engineers on this.Dave

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
What machine are you running on?   What compiler version are you using?   Try again building from scratch with DEBUG enabled, make sure that this is setting the -g flag in your bld logs, then run again.  Set PIO_DEBUG_LEVEL=0, this is not a PIO problem.   

When you say core files, what names should I look for? Where would they be located? I am not familiar with them as I have always looked at the log files to locate the problems. Beth

I am currently running on a personal computer:Memory: 7.7iGBProcessor: Intel® Core™ i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz × 8 OS Type: 64-bitDisk: 2.1 TB Compiler: Composer XE for Linux* (formerly Intel® Compiler Suite Professional Edition for Linux*) 2011 I am also trying to run it in a cluster with the same processors (I am unsure of the details of the machine properties of the cluster. It is the University of Bern cluster). Either way I seem to be running into the same problems no matter which system I run it on. When I sent the job to cluster I requested 8 GB of active memory. I am unsure whether the memory requested was too low. However the run crushes only minutes after it starts in either the PC or the cluster). When you say build from scratch with DEBUG enabled what do you mean exactly? I am always erasing the files generated from the latest run located in the buildrun, cases and output files before running a new one. I have attached the bld logs. Are those the logs you and Dave were refering to? The run they were produced by had the DEBUG option in the env_build.xml activated with the following command:./xmlchange -file env_build.xml-id DEBUG-val TRUE./xmlchange -file env_run.xml-id INFO_DBUG-val 2 Thank you very much for the help and suggestions.Beth P.S I found some blg files in the cases/CASE/logs/bld folder. So I have removed the previous files and attached those instead.

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
The bld logs look like you are using the right flags.   Make sure that core file size is greater than 0 in your ulimitsthen look for files or possibly directories called core in your run directory.   It could also be that you are blowing stack - check that the stacksize in ulimits is unlimited.

Dear jedwards,I used the find program of Ubuntu to search for ulimits, however I have been unable to find any files containing this term.I performed the same search for files or directories called core and I also found nothing.I am using CESM 1.0.4. I am not sure if this has something to do with my inability to find them. Beth

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
ulimit and or limit are basic linux configuration commands - google it for further information

Dear CESM Software Engineer,I have changed the core file size and the stacksize to unlimited and rerun the simulation. The error persists unchanged.I found several files with the word "core" attached to their name, but I could not open them. I have attached them at the end of this document. I also attached the run logs. They are appear to be mostly ok, however I found some warning messages in them. I am not sure if they are expected to appear or whether they are a sign of an error.In detail:csm_share.bldlog:/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_BaseMod.F90(672): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [TYPE]      subroutine ESMF_AttributeGetbyNumber(anytype, number, name, type, value, rc)------------------------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_BaseMod.F90(623): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [TYPE]      subroutine ESMF_AttributeGet(anytype, name, type, value, rc)--------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_BaseMod.F90(699): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [NAMELIST]      subroutine ESMF_AttributeGetNameList(anytype, count, namelist, rc)-----------------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_BaseMod.F90(672): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [VALUE]      subroutine ESMF_AttributeGetbyNumber(anytype, number, name, type, value, rc)------------------------------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_BaseMod.F90(623): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [VALUE]      subroutine ESMF_AttributeGet(anytype, name, type, value, rc)--------------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_BaseMod.F90(699): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [COUNT]      subroutine ESMF_AttributeGetNameList(anytype, count, namelist, rc)----------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_BaseMod.F90(648): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [COUNT]      subroutine ESMF_AttributeGetCount(anytype, count, rc)-------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_BaseMod.F90(858): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [RC]      subroutine ESMF_AttributeCopyAll(source, destination, rc)------------------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_BaseMod.F90(828): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [RC]      subroutine ESMF_AttributeCopy(name, source, destination, rc)---------------------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_BaseMod.F90(802): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [RC]      subroutine ESMF_AttributeGetObjectList(anytypelist, name, typelist, valuelist, rc)-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_BaseMod.F90(776): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [RC]      subroutine ESMF_AttributeSetObjectList(anytypelist, name, value, rc)-----------------------------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_BaseMod.F90(750): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [RC]      subroutine ESMF_AttributeGetList(anytype, namelist, typelist, valuelist, rc)-------------------------------------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_BaseMod.F90(724): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [RC]      subroutine ESMF_AttributeSetList(anytype, namelist, valuelist, rc)---------------------------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_BaseMod.F90(699): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [RC]      subroutine ESMF_AttributeGetNameList(anytype, count, namelist, rc)---------------------------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_BaseMod.F90(672): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [RC]      subroutine ESMF_AttributeGetbyNumber(anytype, number, name, type, value, rc)-------------------------------------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_BaseMod.F90(648): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [RC]      subroutine ESMF_AttributeGetCount(anytype, count, rc)--------------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_BaseMod.F90(623): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [RC]      subroutine ESMF_AttributeGet(anytype, name, type, value, rc)---------------------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_BaseMod.F90(599): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [RC]      subroutine ESMF_AttributeSet(anytype, name, value, rc)---------------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_BaseMod.F90(802): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [VALUELIST]      subroutine ESMF_AttributeGetObjectList(anytypelist, name, typelist, valuelist, rc)--------------------------------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_BaseMod.F90(750): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [VALUELIST]      subroutine ESMF_AttributeGetList(anytype, namelist, typelist, valuelist, rc)--------------------------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_BaseMod.F90(802): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [TYPELIST]      subroutine ESMF_AttributeGetObjectList(anytypelist, name, typelist, valuelist, rc)----------------------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_BaseMod.F90(750): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [TYPELIST]      subroutine ESMF_AttributeGetList(anytype, namelist, typelist, valuelist, rc)----------------------------------------------------------^***** late in the same document **** /export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/timing/gptl.c(2164): warning #167: argument of type "int (*)(const char **, const char **)" is incompatible with parameter of type "__compar_fn_t"          qsort( sort[t], count[t], sizeof(char*), cmp );                                                   ^ /export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/timing/gptl.c(2203): warning #167: argument of type "int (*)(const char **, const char **)" is incompatible with parameter of type "__compar_fn_t"        qsort( newtimers, num_newtimers, sizeof(char*), ncmp ); /*sorts by memory address to restore original order*/                                                        ^ /export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/timing/gptl.c(2224): warning #167: argument of type "int (*)(const char **, const char **)" is incompatible with parameter of type "__compar_fn_t"              qsort( sort[0], count[0], sizeof(char*), cmp );                                                       ^ /export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/timing/gptl.c(2348): warning #167: argument of type "int (*)(const char **, const char **)" is incompatible with parameter of type "__compar_fn_t"            qsort( sort_master, *count, sizeof(char*), cmp );                                                       ^ /export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/timing/gptl.c(2349): warning #167: argument of type "int (*)(const char **, const char **)" is incompatible with parameter of type "__compar_fn_t"            qsort( sort_slave, count_slave, sizeof(char*), cmp );                                                           ^ /export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/timing/gptl.c(2385): warning #167: argument of type "int (*)(const char **, const char **)" is incompatible with parameter of type "__compar_fn_t"            qsort( newtimers, num_newtimers, sizeof(char*), ncmp ); /*sorts by memory address to get original order */                                                            ^ /export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/timing/gptl.c(2476): warning #1011: missing return statement at end of non-void function "ncmp"  }  ^********************************************* later in the same document *******************************************/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_TimeMod.F90(501): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [YRL]      subroutine ESMF_TimeGet(time, YY, YRl, MM, DD, D, Dl, H, M, S, Sl, MS, &----------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_TimeMod.F90(300): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [YRL]      subroutine WRFADDITION_TimeGet(time, YY, YRl, MM, DD, D, Dl, H, M, S, Sl, MS, &-----------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_TimeMod.F90(501): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [D]      subroutine ESMF_TimeGet(time, YY, YRl, MM, DD, D, Dl, H, M, S, Sl, MS, &-----------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_TimeMod.F90(300): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [D]      subroutine WRFADDITION_TimeGet(time, YY, YRl, MM, DD, D, Dl, H, M, S, Sl, MS, &------------------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_TimeMod.F90(501): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [DL]      subroutine ESMF_TimeGet(time, YY, YRl, MM, DD, D, Dl, H, M, S, Sl, MS, &--------------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_TimeMod.F90(300): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [DL]      subroutine WRFADDITION_TimeGet(time, YY, YRl, MM, DD, D, Dl, H, M, S, Sl, MS, &---------------------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_TimeMod.F90(501): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [SL]      subroutine ESMF_TimeGet(time, YY, YRl, MM, DD, D, Dl, H, M, S, Sl, MS, &---------------------------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_TimeMod.F90(300): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [SL]      subroutine WRFADDITION_TimeGet(time, YY, YRl, MM, DD, D, Dl, H, M, S, Sl, MS, &----------------------------------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_TimeMod.F90(502): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [US]                              US, NS, d_, h_, m_, s_, ms_, us_, ns_, Sn, Sd, &------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_TimeMod.F90(301): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [US]                              US, NS, d_, h_, m_, s_, ms_, us_, ns_, Sn, Sd, &------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_TimeMod.F90(502): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [NS]                              US, NS, d_, h_, m_, s_, ms_, us_, ns_, Sn, Sd, &----------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_TimeMod.F90(301): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [NS]                              US, NS, d_, h_, m_, s_, ms_, us_, ns_, Sn, Sd, &----------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_TimeMod.F90(502): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [D_]                              US, NS, d_, h_, m_, s_, ms_, us_, ns_, Sn, Sd, &--------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_TimeMod.F90(301): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [D_]                              US, NS, d_, h_, m_, s_, ms_, us_, ns_, Sn, Sd, &--------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_TimeMod.F90(502): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [H_]                              US, NS, d_, h_, m_, s_, ms_, us_, ns_, Sn, Sd, &------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_TimeMod.F90(301): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [H_]                              US, NS, d_, h_, m_, s_, ms_, us_, ns_, Sn, Sd, &------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_TimeMod.F90(502): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [M_]                              US, NS, d_, h_, m_, s_, ms_, us_, ns_, Sn, Sd, &----------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_TimeMod.F90(301): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [M_]                              US, NS, d_, h_, m_, s_, ms_, us_, ns_, Sn, Sd, &----------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_TimeMod.F90(502): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [S_]                              US, NS, d_, h_, m_, s_, ms_, us_, ns_, Sn, Sd, &--------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_TimeMod.F90(301): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [S_]                              US, NS, d_, h_, m_, s_, ms_, us_, ns_, Sn, Sd, &--------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_TimeMod.F90(502): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [MS_]                              US, NS, d_, h_, m_, s_, ms_, us_, ns_, Sn, Sd, &------------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_TimeMod.F90(301): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [MS_]                              US, NS, d_, h_, m_, s_, ms_, us_, ns_, Sn, Sd, &------------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_TimeMod.F90(502): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [US_]                              US, NS, d_, h_, m_, s_, ms_, us_, ns_, Sn, Sd, &-----------------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_TimeMod.F90(301): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [US_]                              US, NS, d_, h_, m_, s_, ms_, us_, ns_, Sn, Sd, &-----------------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_TimeMod.F90(502): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [NS_]                              US, NS, d_, h_, m_, s_, ms_, us_, ns_, Sn, Sd, &----------------------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_TimeMod.F90(301): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [NS_]                              US, NS, d_, h_, m_, s_, ms_, us_, ns_, Sn, Sd, &----------------------------------------------------------------^ ********************************************* later in the same document ******************************************* /export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_AlarmMod.F90(904): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [RINGINTERVAL]      subroutine ESMF_AlarmWrite(alarm, RingInterval, RingTime, &----------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_AlarmMod.F90(904): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [RINGTIME]      subroutine ESMF_AlarmWrite(alarm, RingInterval, RingTime, &------------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_AlarmMod.F90(905): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [PREVRINGTIME]                            PrevRingTime, StopTime, Ringing, &----------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_AlarmMod.F90(905): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [STOPTIME]                            PrevRingTime, StopTime, Ringing, &------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_AlarmMod.F90(532): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [STOPTIME]      subroutine ESMF_AlarmGetStopTime(alarm, StopTime, rc)----------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_AlarmMod.F90(906): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [ID]                            Enabled, ID, rc)-------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_AlarmMod.F90(905): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [RINGING]                            PrevRingTime, StopTime, Ringing, &----------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_AlarmMod.F90(906): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [ENABLED]                            Enabled, ID, rc)----------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_AlarmMod.F90(854): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [ALARM]      subroutine ESMF_AlarmRead(alarm, RingInterval, RingTime, &--------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_AlarmMod.F90(563): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [ALARM]      subroutine ESMF_AlarmSetStopTime(alarm, StopTime, rc)---------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_AlarmMod.F90(501): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [ALARM]      subroutine ESMF_AlarmSetPrevRingTime(alarm, PrevRingTime, rc)-------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_AlarmMod.F90(372): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [ALARM]      subroutine ESMF_AlarmSetRingTime(alarm, RingTime, rc)---------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_AlarmMod.F90(288): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [ALARM]      subroutine ESMF_AlarmSetRingInterval(alarm, RingInterval, rc)-------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_AlarmMod.F90(954): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [RC]      subroutine ESMF_AlarmValidate(alarm, opts, rc)-------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_AlarmMod.F90(906): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [RC]                            Enabled, ID, rc)-----------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_AlarmMod.F90(856): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [RC]                           Enabled, ID, rc)----------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_AlarmMod.F90(778): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [RC]      function ESMF_AlarmCheckRingTime(alarm, ClockCurrTime, positive, rc)-----------------------------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_AlarmMod.F90(563): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [RC]      subroutine ESMF_AlarmSetStopTime(alarm, StopTime, rc)--------------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_AlarmMod.F90(532): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [RC]      subroutine ESMF_AlarmGetStopTime(alarm, StopTime, rc)--------------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_AlarmMod.F90(501): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [RC]      subroutine ESMF_AlarmSetPrevRingTime(alarm, PrevRingTime, rc)----------------------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_AlarmMod.F90(372): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [RC]      subroutine ESMF_AlarmSetRingTime(alarm, RingTime, rc)--------------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_AlarmMod.F90(288): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [RC]      subroutine ESMF_AlarmSetRingInterval(alarm, RingInterval, rc)----------------------------------------------------------------^******************************* later in the same document***************************/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_ClockMod.F90(1111): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [TIMESTEP]      subroutine ESMF_ClockWrite(clock, TimeStep, StartTime, StopTime, &----------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_ClockMod.F90(1111): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [STARTTIME]      subroutine ESMF_ClockWrite(clock, TimeStep, StartTime, StopTime, &--------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_ClockMod.F90(1111): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [STOPTIME]      subroutine ESMF_ClockWrite(clock, TimeStep, StartTime, StopTime, &-------------------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_ClockMod.F90(1112): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [REFTIME]                            RefTime, CurrTime, PrevTime, AdvanceCount, &----------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_ClockMod.F90(1112): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [CURRTIME]                            RefTime, CurrTime, PrevTime, AdvanceCount, &-------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_ClockMod.F90(1112): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [PREVTIME]                            RefTime, CurrTime, PrevTime, AdvanceCount, &-----------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_ClockMod.F90(1112): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [ADVANCECOUNT]                            RefTime, CurrTime, PrevTime, AdvanceCount, &---------------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_ClockMod.F90(1113): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [ALARMLIST]                            AlarmList, rc)----------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_ClockMod.F90(1164): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [RC]      subroutine ESMF_ClockValidate(clock, opts, rc)-------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_ClockMod.F90(1113): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [RC]                            AlarmList, rc)---------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_ClockMod.F90(1060): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [RC]                                AlarmList, rc)-------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_ClockMod.F90(874): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [RC]      subroutine ESMF_ClockSyncToWallClock(clock, rc)--------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_ClockMod.F90(720): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [RC]      subroutine ESMF_ClockGetPrevSimTime(clock, PrevSimTime, rc)--------------------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_ClockMod.F90(689): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [RC]      subroutine ESMF_ClockGetCurrSimTime(clock, CurrSimTime, rc)--------------------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_ClockMod.F90(1058): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [CLOCK]      subroutine ESMF_ClockRead(clock, TimeStep, StartTime, StopTime, &--------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_ClockMod.F90(689): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [CURRSIMTIME]      subroutine ESMF_ClockGetCurrSimTime(clock, CurrSimTime, rc)-------------------------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/utils/esmf_wrf_timemgr/ESMF_ClockMod.F90(720): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [PREVSIMTIME]      subroutine ESMF_ClockGetPrevSimTime(clock, PrevSimTime, rc)-------------------------------------------------^ ********************************************* later in the same document *******************************************/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/csm_share/shr/shr_scam_mod.F90(23): remark #6536: All symbols from this module are already visible due to another USE; the ONLY clause will have no effect. Rename clauses, if any, will be honored.   [SHR_KIND_MOD]   use shr_kind_mod  ! defines kinds-------^ar -r /export/scratch/cesm_Normal/buildrun/1N1N/csm_share/libcsm_share.a ESMF_AlarmClockMod.o ESMF_AlarmMod.o ESMF_BaseMod.o ESMF_BaseTimeMod.o ESMF_CalendarMod.o ESMF_ClockMod.o ESMF_FractionMod.o ESMF_Mod.o ESMF_Stubs.o ESMF_TimeIntervalMod.o ESMF_TimeMod.o GPTLget_memusage.o GPTLprint_memusage.o GPTLutil.o Meat.o dead_data_mod.o dead_mct_mod.o dead_mod.o f_wrappers.o gptl.o gptl_papi.o mct_mod.o perf_mod.o perf_utils.o seq_cdata_mod.o seq_comm_mct.o seq_drydep_mod.o seq_flds_indices.o seq_flds_mod.o seq_infodata_mod.o seq_io_mod.o seq_map_mod.o seq_timemgr_mod.o shr_cal_mod.o shr_const_mod.o shr_dmodel_mod.o shr_file_mod.o shr_flux_mod.o shr_infnan_mod.o shr_isnan.o shr_jlcp.o shr_kind_mod.o shr_log_mod.o shr_map_mod.o shr_mct_mod.o shr_mem_mod.o shr_mpi_mod.o shr_msg_mod.o shr_ncread_mod.o shr_orb_mod.o shr_pcdf_mod.o shr_scam_mod.o shr_strdata_mod.o shr_stream_mod.o shr_string_mod.o shr_sys_mod.o shr_tInterp_mod.o shr_timer_mod.o shr_vmath_fwrap.o shr_vmath_mod.o threadutil.o wrf_error_fatal.o wrf_message.oar: creating /export/scratch/cesm_Normal/buildrun/1N1N/csm_share/libcsm_share.a  ice.bldlog
/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/ice/cice/src/source/ice_itd.F90(243): remark #8290: Recommended relationship between field width 'W' and the number of fractional digits 'D' in this edit descriptor is 'W>=D+3'.            write (c_hinmax1, '(f5.3)') hin_max(n-1)---------------------------------^/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/ice/cice/src/source/ice_itd.F90(244): remark #8290: Recommended relationship between field width 'W' and the number of fractional digits 'D' in this edit descriptor is 'W>=D+3'.            write (c_hinmax2, '(f5.3)') hin_max(n) ---------------------------------^ ********************************** lower in the same document *********************************** /export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/ice/cice/src/source/ice_shortwave.F90(3450): warning #7532: The number of arguments is incompatible with intrinsic procedure, assume 'external'.   [GAMMA]      gamma(w,uu,gg,e) = p5*w*((c1 + c3*gg*(c1-w)*uu*uu) &------^  lnd.bldlog/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/lnd/clm/src/biogeophys/SNICARMod.F90(936): remark #8291: Recommended relationship between field width 'W' and the number of fractional digits 'D' in this edit descriptor is 'W>=D+7'.                write (iulog,"(a,e12.6,a,i6,a,i6)") "SNICAR ERROR: Energy conservation error of : ", energy_sum, & ----------------------------------^ ********************************** lower in the same document ***********************************/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/lnd/clm/src/biogeophys/SurfaceAlbedoMod.F90(699): remark #5082: Directive ignored - Syntax error, found IDENTIFIER 'NEVER' when expecting one of: RECURSIVE ;!dir$ inlinenever SoilAlbedo------------^ ********************************** lower in the same document ***********************************/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/cesm1_0_4/models/lnd/clm/src/main/histFileMod.F90(1593): remark #5082: Directive ignored - Syntax error, found IDENTIFIER 'NEVER' when expecting one of: RECURSIVE ;!dir$ inlinenever hfields_normalize------------^  mct.bldlogHostname=faulhornMachine=x86_64OS=Linuxconfigure: WARNING: UNKNOWN FORTRAN 90 COMPILER Output Variables: {CC=/opt/mpich2_intel/bin/mpicc} {ALLCFLAGS=-DFORTRAN_UNDERSCORE_ -DSYSLINUX -DCPRUNKNOWNCPR -O} {FPP=cpp} {FPPFLAGS=-P -C -N -traditional} {FC=/opt/mpich2_intel/bin/mpif90} {F90=/opt/mpich2_intel/bin/mpif90} {FCFLAGS=} {F90FLAGS=} {MACHDEFS=-DSYSLINUX -DCPRUNKNOWNCPR} {OPT=} {REAL8=} {BIT64=} {ENDIAN=} {MPIF90=mpif90} {MPILIBS=} {MPIHEADER=} {INCLUDEFLAG=-I} {INCLUDEPATH=-I/opt/mpich2_intel/include} {AR=ar cq} {BABELROOT=} {COMPILER_ROOT=} {PYTHON=} {PYTHONOPTS=} {FORT_SIZE=} {prefix=NONE} configure: creating ./config.statusconfig.status: creating Makefile.confPlease check the Makefile.confHave a nice day! ********************************** lower in the same document ***********************************opt/mpich2_intel/bin/mpif90 -c -I/opt/mpich2_intel/include  -DSYSLINUX -DCPRUNKNOWNCPR   -I/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/buildrun/1N1N/mct/mpeu m_SpatialIntegralV.F90m_SpatialIntegralV.F90(716): remark #8291: Recommended relationship between field width 'W' and the number of fractional digits 'D' in this edit descriptor is 'W>=D+7'.write(stderr,'(3a,i8,a,e10.6)') myname_, &-----------------------------------------^m_SpatialIntegralV.F90(959): remark #8291: Recommended relationship between field width 'W' and the number of fractional digits 'D' in this edit descriptor is 'W>=D+7'.write(stderr,'(3a,i8,a,e10.6)') myname_, &-----------------------------------------^ ********************************** lower in the same document *********************************** ar cq libmct.a m_MCTWorld.o m_AttrVect.o m_GlobalMap.o m_GlobalSegMap.o m_GlobalSegMapComms.o m_Accumulator.o m_SparseMatrix.o m_Navigator.o m_AttrVectComms.o m_AttrVectReduce.o m_AccumulatorComms.o m_GeneralGrid.o m_GeneralGridComms.o m_SpatialIntegral.o m_SpatialIntegralV.o m_MatAttrVectMul.o m_Merge.o m_GlobalToLocal.o m_ExchangeMaps.o m_ConvertMaps.o m_SparseMatrixDecomp.o m_SparseMatrixToMaps.o m_SparseMatrixComms.o m_SparseMatrixPlus.o m_Router.o m_Rearranger.o m_Transfer.omake[1]: Leaving directory `/export/scratch/cesm_Normal/buildrun/1N1N/mct/mct'cp: No match.  pio.bldlog Full hostname= faulhornHostname=faulhornMachine=x86_64OS=Linuxusing NETCDF_PATH from environmentconfigure: WARNING: PNETCDF_PATH not found in environment,                            defaulting to /usr/local/pnetcdfconfigure: WARNING: pnetcdf.inc not found in PNETCDF_PATH/include                              disabling pnetcdf support configure: WARNING: libpnetcdf.a not found in PNETCDF_PATH/lib                              disabling pnetcdf support checking Fortran 90 support for sizeof()... yes Temp variables: {F90=/opt/mpich2_intel/bin/mpif90} {MPIF90=mpif90} Output Variables: {CC=/opt/mpich2_intel/bin/mpicc} {MPICC=mpicc} {ALLCFLAGS=-g -O2 -DFORTRAN_UNDERSCORE_ -DFORTRANUNDERSCORE -DSYSLINUX -DLINUX -DCPRUNKNOWNCPR} {EXPLICIT_FPP=no} {FPP=cpp} {FPPFLAGS=-P -C -N -traditional} {FC=/opt/mpich2_intel/bin/mpif90} {MPIF90=mpif90}{OPT=} {BIT64=} {REAL8=} {ENDIAN=} {FFLAGS= -I/opt/mpich2_intel/include} {CFLAGS=-g -O2} {F90FLAGS=} {MACHDEFS=-DSYSLINUX -DLINUX -DCPRUNKNOWNCPR} {MPI_INC=-I/opt/mpich2_intel/include} {MPI_LIB=} {MODINC=-I} {INCLUDEPATH=} {AR=ar} {ARFLAGS=cq} {USE_PNETCDF=no} {PNETCDF_PATH=/usr/local/pnetcdf} {USE_NETCDF=yes} {NETCDF_PATH=/opt/netcdf_intel} {USE_MCT=no} {USEBOX=yes} {PDEFS= -DSPMD -DHAVE_MPI -DUSEMPIIO -D_NETCDF -D_NOPNETCDF -D_NOUSEMCT -D_USEBOX} {PDEFSF= -DSPMD -DHAVE_MPI -DUSEMPIIO -D_NETCDF -D_NOPNETCDF -D_NOUSEMCT -D_USEBOX} {PINCS=-I/opt/mpich2_intel/include -I/opt/netcdf_intel/include} {LDLIBS= -L/opt/netcdf_intel/lib -lnetcdf } {DEBUG=no} configure: creating ./config.statusconfig.status: creating Makefile.confPlease check the Makefile.confHave a nice day! ********************************** lower in the same document ***********************************piolib_mod.F90(1655): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [IOPROC]  subroutine pio_recommend_iotasks(comm, ioproc, numiotasks, miniotasks, maxiotasks )-----------------------------------------^piolib_mod.F90(1655): warning #6843: A dummy argument with an explicit INTENT(OUT) declaration is not given an explicit value.   [NUMIOTASKS]  subroutine pio_recommend_iotasks(comm, ioproc, numiotasks, miniotasks, maxiotasks )-------------------------------------------------^ However the model builds normally and only crashes once it starts to run. I would greatly appreciate if it you could advice me on how to proceed.--Beth

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Can you find someone locally who understands segfaults and core files?   Your core file is tied to your system, I can't do anything with it.You need to use a tool like gdb or totalview to open it and get a traceback.  

Dear jedwards,I will try to find someone. Should I managed to open it by myself is there something specific that I should look for? I have never used those programs before. Beth

I opened with executable produced by CESM with the gdb and executed the run command. This is the output. Starting program: /export/scratch/cesm_Normal/buildrun/1N1N/1N1N.ccsm.exe files[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]Using host libthread_db library "/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libthread_db.so.1".(seq_io_init) pio init parameters: before nml read(seq_io_init)    pio_stride   =    -99(seq_io_init)    pio_root     =    -99(seq_io_init)    pio_typename = nothing                                                                         (seq_io_init)    pio_numtasks =    -99(seq_io_init)    pio_debug_level =      0    pio_async_interface =  Fforrtl: No such file or directoryforrtl: severe (29): file not found, unit 99, file /export/scratch/cesm_Normal/buildrun/1N1N/drv_inImage              PC                Routine            Line        Source             1N1N.ccsm.exe      000000000239BFAA  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown1N1N.ccsm.exe      000000000239AAA6  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown1N1N.ccsm.exe      00000000023508C0  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown1N1N.ccsm.exe      00000000022E5FCE  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown1N1N.ccsm.exe      00000000022E550F  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown1N1N.ccsm.exe      00000000022FBC9D  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown1N1N.ccsm.exe      0000000001ED23C5  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown1N1N.ccsm.exe      000000000040DF93  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown1N1N.ccsm.exe      000000000042EA5E  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown1N1N.ccsm.exe      000000000040DE5C  Unknown               Unknown  Unknownlibc.so.6          00007FFFF6AFDDE5  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown1N1N.ccsm.exe      000000000040DD59  Unknown               Unknown  Unknown[Inferior 1 (process 18744) exited with code 035]