Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

CAM Case Build Issue

namit7

Namit Rohidas Rohidas Choudhari
Hello everyone,

I am using a CESM version of 2.2 and doing pre-industrial simulations of CAM 6 with a B1850 Compset . I encounter an issue while building a case. Could anyone please give me some insights on how to tackle this issue? I would appreciate your contributions. Also, I wonder how to make sure POP is in the spin-up (equilibrated state)?

Here is my error - "
ERROR: Command /home/n/nchoudhari/CESM/components/cam/bld/build-namelist -ntasks 30 -csmdata /shares/elshorbany_group/CESM/input_data -infile /work/n/nchoudhari/CESM/cases/B1850Default/Buildconf/camconf/namelist -start_ymd 00010101 -ignore_ic_year -use_case 1850_cam6 -inputdata /work/n/nchoudhari/CESM/cases/B1850Default/Buildconf/cam.input_data_list -namelist " &atmexp co2_cycle_rad_passive=.true. /" failed rc=255
out=CAM build-namelist - ERROR: No default value found for ncdata
user defined attributes:
key=ic_md val=00010101
err=Smartmatch is experimental at /home/n/nchoudhari/CESM/components/cam/bld/perl5lib/Build/ChemNamelist.pm line 274.
Died at /home/n/nchoudhari/CESM/components/cam/bld/build-namelist line 3969."

Thank you,
Namit

sacks

Bill Sacks
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Can you please start two separate threads for your two separate questions?

(1) For your CAM build-namelist issue, please open this in the CAM forums: the people who follow those forums will probably be able to help you better. In this post, please include the details requested here: Information to include in help requests

(2) For your general question about POP spin-up, please open this in the POP forums.