Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

Can my forcing have inconsistent timesteps?

MrIgnition

Hi,
I like to use CMIP 6 projections in CLM5. My finding is that some of the data belonging to one scenario and from one global model may have inconsistent temporal resolutions. For example, precipitation can be 6 hourly, temperature 3 hourly, and incoming solar radiation hourly. Can I put files with inconsistent temporal resolutions in one stream? I know rain has to be separate and so is solar. But can temperature (3hourly), specific humidity (6 hourly), wind speed(daily) be in the same stream?
Thanks in advance.

oleson

Keith Oleson
CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
I don't think you can have those in the same stream since they have different time coordinates and you are only allowed one time coordinate per file (stream)