Scheduled Downtime
On Tuesday 24 October 2023 @ 5pm MT the forums will be in read only mode in preparation for the downtime. On Wednesday 25 October 2023 @ 5am MT, this website will be down for maintenance and expected to return online later in the morning.
Normal Operations
The forums are back online with normal operations. If you notice any issues or errors related to the forums, please reach out to help@ucar.edu

./case.build Error: Command make exec_se -j 8

LiwenWu

LiwenWu
Dear Scientists,
I met an error when I ran ./case.build command:
Component cesm exe build complete with 1 warnings
ERROR: BUILD FAIL: buildexe failed, cat /home/xunbin/cesm/scratch/shanxi_spinup1/bld/cesm.bldlog.240410-182150
I opened the logfile and it showed:

Building a single executable version of target coupled model
ERROR: Command make exec_se -j 8 EXEC_SE=/home/xunbin/cesm/scratch/shanxi_spinup1/bld/cesm.exe MODEL=driver CIME_MODEL=cesm SMP=FALSE CASEROOT="/home/xunbin/CTSM-ctsm5.1.dev038/cime/scripts/shanxi_spinup1" CASETOOLS="/home/xunbin/CTSM-ctsm5.1.dev038/cime/scripts/shanxi_spinup1/Tools" CIMEROOT="/home/xunbin/CTSM-ctsm5.1.dev038/cime" COMP_INTERFACE="mct" COMPILER="intel" DEBUG="FALSE" EXEROOT="/home/xunbin/cesm/scratch/shanxi_spinup1/bld" INCROOT="/home/xunbin/cesm/scratch/shanxi_spinup1/bld/lib/include" LIBROOT="/home/xunbin/cesm/scratch/shanxi_spinup1/bld/lib" LILAC_MODE="off" MACH="myintel" MPILIB="impi" NINST_VALUE="c1a1l1i1o1r1g1w1i1e1" OS="LINUX" PIO_VERSION="2" SHAREDLIBROOT="/home/xunbin/cesm/scratch/shanxi_spinup1/bld" SMP_PRESENT="FALSE" USE_ESMF_LIB="FALSE" USE_MOAB="FALSE" COMP_LND="clm" COMPARE_TO_NUOPC="FALSE" USE_TRILINOS="FALSE" USE_ALBANY="FALSE" USE_PETSC="FALSE" -f /home/xunbin/CTSM-ctsm5.1.dev038/cime/scripts/shanxi_spinup1/Tools/Makefile failed rc=2
out=cat: Srcfiles: No such file or directory
/home/xunbin/CTSM-ctsm5.1.dev038/cime/scripts/shanxi_spinup1/Tools/mkSrcfiles
cp -f Filepath Deppath

I saw the same error in the post About ./case.build --skip-provenance-check Running Error, but the solution doesn't seem to apply to me. I have modified the content in the config_compilers.xml file before:
<append MPILIB="impi"> -qmkl=cluster -L/home/xunbin/netcdf-intel/lib -lnetcdf -lnetcdff -lhdf5</append>
I think this step has already achieved linking libnetcdff (the netcdf fortran library) and libnetcdf (the netcdf c library). Am I right? So what is the ture reason for the error? Please correct me if I misunderstood something.Thank you.

Attachments

• cesm.bldlog.240410-182150.txt
    52.8 KB · Views: 5

jedwards

CSEG and Liaisons
Staff member
Sometimes an error results in a corrupted build directory. Try a clean build using
./case.build --clean-all
./case.build

LiwenWu

LiwenWu
Thank you jedwards, I tried ./case.build --clean-all and build again but met the same error. May I ask if you have any other idea about this error?